IMG_20181114_120409_885.jpg

IMG_20181118_123253_386.jpg

IMG_20181118_123555_443.jpg

IMG_20181118_123708_816.jpg

7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Photo collection Fairview park

Hi @Eire27

These are really nice photos, thanks for sharing it with us. Could you please tell us a little bit about this place? Is it a park? Did you put some effect on photos? 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thank you @FelipePK  Fairview Park is a very large park,  on one side it is 20 minutes from Dublin City Centre and the other side it is 15 minutes from, Dollymount  Beach. I sometimes go for a walk to here, it just takes 30 minutes.  It has lovely mature trees, very old and newer ones too. People can play football, basketball and Gaelic here and there is a playground. In Summer it has lovely flowers

Hi @Eire27

Wow that's really amazing place to visit then. I will include in my list when I visit Dublin. You mentioned Gaelic, is that similar to Rugby?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @FelipePK Gaelic football would be our National Sport. It has been played here for hundreds of years and by generations. It is sort of a mixture of football and rugby, The Goal posts are like rugby and the way they score is similar but on the pitch Gaelic would be more like Soccer but a bit rougher and tougher but they do not have tackle scrums. The largest Gaelic Stadium is in Dublin and called, CROKE PARK, this is also a very Historical place. Hurling is also a Gaelic game, Its played with 2 teams against each other trying to get to a goal to score by using Hurley sticks and a small ball. It is a fast paced and tough Game. Women play a similar Gaelic Hurling game called, Camaoige. 

Hey @Eire27

Wow, I was searching Gaelic football and it's exactly what you said a mix between Football and Rugby, really interesting. I'm glad to know that people practice it in parks. I was also checking some videos of Hurling/Camogie

and it blew my mind, very complex and super fast sport, I liked it very much. Thanks a lot for sharing it with us, I really appreciated. 

Level 8

Hi @FelipePK glad I got my description correct, great that you watched videos, Thanks. they are all played at, school league level, local team level and county level. County level go on to play All Ireland Champion level. These players do not get paid,  even though professional, they do it for the love of the sport and work other jobs too. Most public parks have Gaelic Football pitches. Ireland some times play Australia at Gaelic football ( many Irish Defendants there) Anyway when they play Australia the games is called "Ausie Rules" . and Ausie Rules Gaelic, is a much  tougher version with risk of a few injuries I would think 

Level 8

Mean Irish Descendants, silly auto correct on phone