GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Points issue

Today the view count raised up to a reasonable number. 

But now, since an hour, the count of public photos has quickly decreased, from 3093 to 3068.

I've found the missing photos, nothing wrong on these.

My question to @GusMoreira is: could be better to wait and see if the system stabilize or may i re-upload the photos?

Thanks

Former Google Contributor

Hi @HelloSamsonR

Thank you for sharing your issue and for your patience. 

• As a reminder, there is a number of reasons why reviews/ photos can be removed/not accepted towards points and levels (i.e. low quality, off-topic, spam/advertising activities, POI closed down and removed, phone numbers/URL inside the reviews). And, consequently, points fluctuate for different reasons, too, including reviews/photos evaluation. 

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 10

@MariaBi Let me explain well to you my situation. My points are declining but the contributions still remains the same, how come?.  If my points are declining I should be loosing reviews, poi,and photos also. My points are going down but the stats are not going down, I noticed that since ? What is the reason?? 

Level 10

From 3068 to 3050 in the last 5 minutes....

Will not be easy to locate and re-upload all the missing photos...

Level 10

Hi @MariaBi ! Thanks, we appreciate your help.

However, please allow me to let you know my personal experience. I lost 200+ pictures within the last 24 hours.

I assure you they were fine. Perfectly legal, very good quality, and all of them were taken by me (mainly landscapes).

It is very discouraging as I, just like most of us, spend a reasonable amount of time selecting, compiling and

uploading images. (Please see my previous comment.) I understand Google is aware of this issue and

they are trying to fix the bug. In the meantime, however, it'd be nice to know if pictures would be recovered

or we are supposed to find out which (and how many) pictures were removed by mistake and we'd have to make

sure to upload them again. Thank you.

Level 10

Hi @MariaBi

I'm speaking about missing 1000 photos!!! Not one, 10, or 100. 

I'm not a spammer and usually I upload good quality photos. 

Hope that the prblm will be fixed and photos of all of us recovered. 

Level 10

Re: Photos in Google Maps - Total Views

Thanks for the highlight this point issue, waiting for Google to fix it. 

Level 10

@KhaledM wrote:

Hi @MariaBi

I'm speaking about missing 1000 photos!!! Not one, 10, or 100. 

I'm not a spammer and usually I upload good quality photos. 

Hope that the prblm will be fixed and photos of all of us recovered. 

I'm also losing pictures... it's a little frustrating... because I will have to lose time in searching photos (from two smartphones, from Google Photos, or wherever there are) and then re-upload to correct locations.... now 50 photos in the last 20 minutes.

Level 10

@LucioV

Hi Lucio, 

What it concerns me is that the photos are continuously disappearing. About 5 photos each minute ###!!!. 

It is frustrating if GM will not recover later those photos. 

I will not be able to upload them again. 

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Photo Views Count not updating on Google Maps

[UPDATE]

Hello everyone,

The team has fixed the issue and Local Guides are now able to see the latest photo view counts on their profile again. We appreciate your patience.

We are also aware of the issue of the missing photos and points on the Local Guides profile and are currently investigating the issue.

To keep things organized, we are closing this post and if you'd like you can keep track of this issue in this post.

Thank you very much

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.