cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Photo Tips - TRIPOD (Part-1) - Which One You Need? - TravellerG

Hi friends,

..Which tripod do you need? ..

For your DSLR/Mirror-Less/P&S cameras ? Another frequently asked question…!!!   See the following photo:

Even in this, I have not included our (heavy) Pro Video Stands (it carries Logo), mini-stands, other ‘External Mounts’ and ‘Suction Mounts’, etc. Also, I have bought & tried many other tripods, whichever I found with poor quality or unfit for my purpose, they were returned.

Why TravellerG so many Tripods?

The Answer: One of the following answers will fit for each member (of this collection) – OK?

Options:

1. Bought & found unfit / useless (& could not return before the return window closes – realized ‘Late’!!!)
  2. While using, crashed & became unfit (in this group, I have removed all damaged items – expressed this point for discussion, later)
  3. Bought & used – later updated to a better model, hence lying back.
  4. After years of use, still, many are loyally serving us… OK?

What are the importance of these answers?

• If you study these ‘Answers’ 1 & 2 well, you can avoid those mistakes, which I made in the past. If you really understand your NEED and do a careful analysis, before a purchase, you can save money and avoid disappointment.
  • Answer 3 & 4 assures (proves) that such, matured analysis ends up in quality purchases, which will be worth!

Now: If you already own one, then asking the following question will be good:

“In the past 6 months, how many times have you used it?... If not…”

WHY?

1. You never felt the need of a Tripod?
  2. When you needed a tripod, it was not with you?
  3. You are not well aware about the uses of the Tripod Stand (where & when all, a Tripod can be used)?

If you are serious, we will deal all these Questions and Answers, in the coming posts.

If you have any comments/questions, please take few seconds to post it down (for the benefit of all), we shall definitely try to discuss, in the next posts.

Hints:

• Cheap stands will be a waste.
  • Knowing the features of a tripod (Next Post) will enable you to take better decisions.

Dear @PoliMC, @sonnyNg, @Anonymous, @BishowvijayaP, @Farshid_Agham_Ali, @Anonymous @bassey,

@Linnéa, @AbdullahAM, @PaDeSSo, could you give your comments, please - Has the Questions, Answers and Hints have given you some clues?

We will conclude this Topic in the next post, which also will be posted today itself,

Thanks

PS:

My previous technical post about SD Card is Here.

TRIPOD - Next Post - How to Select is Here

31 comments
Former Google Contributor

Viite: Photo Tips - The Best Tripod for you - TravellerG

Hi @TravellerG,

Thanks for your detailed information! Are there any particular tripods for mobile that you could recommend? I'm looking for something fairly small and adjustable, which would be easy to carry with me. 

What should I look for from mobile tripods? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Re: Photo Tips - The Best Tripod for you - TravellerG

Tripods are indeed really crucial to the final product, @TravellerG!

I happen to have one tripod for the DSLR camera, as well a really close product to a GorillaPod.

What I find fascinating about them, is that not only you can use it statically, as well as when you are moving, having a tripod can help balancing my video to prevent mostly shaking motions.

I really admire your collection! Should I prepare my next  year's Christmas wish list?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 10

Welcome dear @DanniS; Yes, there are two types of Stands & shall write a post very shortly regarding Mobile Tripod stands,

Thanks

Level 10

Hi @sonnyNg,

1. Oh..Nice... GorillaPods are nice - but not for this type of uses - thanks for hinting; I shall mention the same in a separate post.
  2. Yes, useful for moving shots too - agree.
  3.  Hey... hard earned money, in the form of accessories.... NO XMAS wish list, please. Just review these + next few posts on Tripod & 'BUY' just one... enough... be a good boy... [do not waste money]

PS:

I do not know whether you happen to see my non-technical (Travel) posts; one is Here... Which photo do you like?

Great @TravellerG! I look forward to your recommendations. Thanks for your response!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Yes, I will make sure to be efficient, @TravellerG. : ] 

I really like all 87 of the photos of Temples of India - Halebeedu, Karnataka - TravellerG, as to pick some out, my choice would be number 5 and 10. The details you have managed to capture are really captivating!

Just as a side note, I would recommend to name the two parts of the post, as @AngieYC mentioned.

At one moment I was not aware that the is a continuation, my bad.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 10

With God's grace we will do it, at the earliest, dear @DanniS.

With regards

Level 9

Re: Photo Tips - The Best Tripod for you - Part 1 - TravellerG

Hello @TravellerG 

Thank you for your information, i'm also a using a small tripod. 

It's very useful for good photography. 

Level 10

Re: Photo Tips - The Best Tripod for you - Part 1 - TravellerG

another view is that if your Tripod suits your needs, then, it is the best - all theories may fail here. Thanks for your info, dear @AbdullahAM