TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Photo-Tips - The Best CAMERA for You – DSLR, Mirror-Less or P&S? - TravellerG

..Which one is the Best camera for You – DSLR, Mirror-Less or P&S?..

I understand that this is a million dollar question; here, I am trying to bring some clarity (through few posts), which in turn will help many people (common people), to take their own decision. This series is not for Pros.

Hi dear @sonnyNg @GeorgesHR @davidhyno @KatyaL @HUMBERTO_V @BishowvijayaP @Anonymous @afrademon @JohnPeter & other LG members, could you all contribute/involve to make this triumph successful, please?

These posts will not be technical discussions; rather, these posts will be ‘Nontechnical’ clarifications of few points, which will help a common man to identify, the best camera, suitable to him.

In these posts, we will try to discuss about:

1. The major 3 ‘Types’ of cameras,
  2. Their merits & limitations, as far as a common user is concerned.
  3. Few additional points like, Lenses (which Lens is suitable, where the cost lies, etc.)
  4. Finally, few ‘Practical Settings’ for all these three types of camera.
  5. Few topics which may arise from these discussions.
  6. Glance of few other types of cameras (Like Action Camera, etc.) at the end.

Let us start:

For a broad understanding, today’s cameras (for a common man) can be grouped as:

1. Point and shoot (compact or P&S) Cameras.
  2. DSLR Cameras (Digital Single Lens Reflex).
  3. Digital Mirror-Less Cameras (= DML, for our discussions).

Having said that, it is important to note that, presently, the manufacturers are trying to blur the differences between all these three types. Many features of the other types of cameras are getting implemented in advanced models of P&S Cameras which will be tomorrow's MirrorLess Cameras.

Expect everybody's supports....

In the Next Post, we will start with the Point & Shoot Cameras.

Thanks.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

11 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Photo-Tips - The Best CAMERA for You – DSLR, Mirror-Less or P&S? - TravellerG

Hi @TravellerG,

Thanks for sharing another interesting topic! : ]

I find point and shoot cameras are great, quite simple and it is cost efficient. Whenever going on a trip, I think one should always have one handy, just in case. 

Regarding the DSLR and the Mirrorless cameras, It gives the user more control, i think of it as a more wholesome feeling.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Former Google Contributor

Re: Photo-Tips - The Best CAMERA for You – DSLR, Mirror-Less or P&S? - TravellerG

Hey @TravellerG,

Thanks for tagging me! I appreciate your suggestion to share a series of posts about these 3 types of cameras - DSLR, Mirror-Less or P&S. I'm looking forward to see the first one about P&S cameras. 

I personally prefer the P&S cameras, because they have pocket-sized proportions, which the DSLR and the Mirror-less cameras cannot match.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @TravellerG  and friend lg's, 

Though i am missing the use of a large format camera,DSLR is my choise at the moment but a Mirror-less cam would be my choise if i was more active.

Level 9

Thanks for your brilliant post for Camera's @TravellerG 

Level 10

Hello @TravellerG 
Because my country is a digital camera producer country, the latest digital camera is very popular, so the price will fall sharply because they easily let go of nearly all new cameras whose model number is old. Especially the beautiful second hand of Digital Mirror - Less Cameras is surprisingly low price due to excess supply. Therefore I focus on the second hand DML and get it. Total with my phone is a price less than half of the pixel 3 price!

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Level 7

Great Start @TravellerG 

I would surely follow this post.

I personally prefer Point & Shoot (Mobile Camera) for most of my requirement due to its portability and media sharing limited to small screen, but definitely there are specific uses with DSLR/DML.

Click| Travel| Repeat
Follow on Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/venky_lightbug/
Level 10

"...I would surely follow this post..." Thank you dear @Venky_lightbug -

"...personally prefer Point & Shoot (Mobile Camera) for most of my requirement due to its portability..."

2 Answers for this:

1. Technically, you are correct that mobile Cameras are also POINT & SHOOT;
  2. but we define P&S Cameras as dedicated, stand alone cameras, for photography only.

Note:

You are right!!!

Once, the P&S cameras, the best sold cameras in this globe, produced maximum number of photos - but today, the mobile camera shots have overtaken the P&S shots, by multi fold - reason being the camera being available, when needed.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

it's really a nice post.

thanks, @TravellerG... keep going  🙂

Level 10

Welcome @afrademon - hope your contribution will make it more better, please