TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Photo Tips - Megapixel & Megabytes - TravellerG

Hey @TravellerG,

Thanks again to tag me, I was checking your tips on my phone (I use iPhone X). Unfortunately it doesn't give me the option to change the quality of the photos =/ so I can't do the tests to see it.

Visually seeing the photo I honest can't see any differences between them but it's remarkable how the storage size reduced which is great. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @TravellerG,

Thank you very much!

I took these photos with my camera Panasonic Lumix with lens for portrait. It was after raining and that's why it's so full of life. 

There is a difference between the previous photos and this photo that I took with my phone Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus:

Caption: A rose in the winter (Local Guide @PoliMC)Caption: A rose in the winter (Local Guide @PoliMC)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Dear friend, @FelipePK

Sorry, I was not clear in my explanation (I will note care of this in future) - it not your mistake, please.

What you did is correct - Only some cameras allow you to change the the RESOLUTION. OK? Don't worry.

Let me simplify it:

Aim:

1. Keep the PIXEL SIZE or the PHOTO SIZE ie Length x Width = same, Eg: Samsung S9 Plus has 4032 x 2034
  2. But, we want to reduce the File Size, in MB to KB.. OK?

Here, we reduce the JPEG QUALITY & not the Resizing in Megapixel.

I have used Irfan View, free software to reduce the file size bt "Re-Saving the original file, reduced to 90% or, 80% or 75 % etc.

You can use many other software, to reduce the QUALITY of JPEG Files, while saving the picture.

Hope, you will do it ... 

Thanks

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Connect Moderator

Thanks for the this informative post @TravellerG

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Great post @TravellerG sir, wonderfully explained the difference between these two. 

Also the photos are really beautiful. 

By the way, we are not able to see the second photo (Picture taken in RX 10 & published at 75% JPEG Quality)

Level 10

Dear @NandKK

Could help me by checking the post with a different IP Address?

I am seeing it.. I could not identify the problem...

Dear @JohnPeter & @Saravanakanth, could you please check this aspect & help..?

Thanks for your attention..

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Thanks dear @TravellerG ji for the nice picture illustrations, very good explanation about MP & MB. 

Level 10

Thank you dear for your kind words @JohnPeter

Level 10

Hello sir @TravellerG. its still not visible, I have sent you the screenshot on whatsapp. 

It seems to be an embedded photo, I guess you have copied this pic from your google photos main directory. Please check the same, if it is then you will have have share this image into a public share folder first and then copy-paste here.

Level 10

Hi @TravellerG!

Great tips as usual explain in a detailed and simple way! 

Thanks for that!

I just wanted to let you know about Google's new incredible web application for reducing size of photos: Squoosh

(thanks to @PaulPavlinovich for talking about it here on Connect!)

Bye,

David