cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Photo Tips - Tripod (Part-3) How can it Help You? - TravellerG

Hi friends,

How a Tripod can Help you?

Tripod is one of the most used accessories in Photography. Out of the many uses, a few important ones are listed below; I request all LGs to contribute to these posts.

The TRIPOD can be used for:

• To hold Camera or accessories (here after mentioned as camera), in place/position.
  • To place the camera, anywhere from just few inches from the ground to heights above our head.
  • To (almost) nullify the vibration caused by the camera’s shutter, mirror, wind, or even by the photographer himself.
  • To hold the camera for hours for shooting nature shots (wild life/bird watching, etc.).

Tripod can:

• Make panning much easier and more fluid.
  • Make ‘Close up’ (macro) photography much easier, (any minor shake matters, a lot).
  • Make Videography more cinematic with much higher picture quality.

In photographic language:

• Allows slow shutter speeds (seconds to minutes, hours to days), which is impossible with camera in hand.
  • Allows lot of flexibility in setting the aperture as the shutter speed is under full control.
  • Allows highly adjustable ISO values
  • Allows the using of many types of filters, which is otherwise difficult to be used.
  • Allows the use of high quality Gimbals
  • Allows the use Heavy lenses (Tele) for (Bird watching, Wild life, Night/Star, etc.) photography

For many photographers, including me, a TRIPOD is a ‘Creative Tool’ and not a simple accessory.

Keeping in mind, that we are writing these posts for common LGs (Beginners/Entry-level), for their basic information, what more can you suggest to help our needy LGs, dear @ErmesT, @DeniGu, @sonnyNg@StephenAbraham, @Anonymous, @FahmiAdimara, @Shoriah@Pureindia ?

Thanks in advance,

==============IMPORTANT==============

Thanks for your contributions...

1. Our LG @afrademon added valuable points on Pan, Tilt, etc. Here
  2. Our LG @Nick-Hobgood  gave few good tips on HDR, etc. Here

PS:

Previous POST -1 on Tripod is Here.

Previous POST -2 on Tripod is Here.

Next Post on Tripod - DOs & DON'Ts is Here

17 comments
Level 10

Re: Photo Tips - The Best Tripod for you - Part 3 - TravellerG

Thank you for tagging @TravellerG 
Even now with gimbals and stabilizers enriched, we use a tripod as much as possible.
I will put a link to Let's talk about photography techniques by everyone!

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Level 9

The use of tripod is very common, thank you for sharing with us @TravellerG 

Level 8

Thanks my friend for tagging @TravellerG

it's a nice and informative post to me. I always use a tripod for long exposure and when I shoot videos. it really stable the video and it helps to take moving video like Pan or Tilt shotting.

Level 10

👍🙏 @YasumiKikuchi, so kind of you.

Level 10

Thanks dear, @AbdullahAM 

Level 10

As a regular/experienced user, would you like to add any other points in the main post, for the benefit of all, @afrademon ?

Level 8

you can add some point for videography like

Panning= camera is left to right or right to the left smooth movement for the video

Tilting= up to down or down to up smooth movement

Boom effect= when you make tripod hight higher or lower, the video looks like something like crane effect. 

Rolling= you can move your camera clockwise or anti-clockwise with a tripod very smoothly. 

you can add these points on the post or you can make another post for Part 4 especially for videography.  @TravellerG 

Level 8

NIce info @TravellerG !  I would add that a tripod is very useful for HDR photography where you want your camera to be steady while taking multiple bracketed photos to be merged later on.  Also, if you want to get into 360 photography and looking at getting a panoramic head, make sure you get a tripod that can handle the weight of not only your camera but also the additional equipment.    

Level 10

Thanks for your valuable contribution and I have mentioned it in my "MAIN POST" itself, dear @afrademon.

Expect your comments in my future posts too - once again thank you.

with regards.