TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Photo Tips - Full Frame / Cropped Camera - TravellerG

Please do not be demotivated, @TravellerG! : ] 

We would see your post and have discussions among those who have more experience, pretty much how a class works.

About the two pictures, I can also see the difference of colors, would you enlighten us a bit more on that?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 10

Hi dear @sonnyNg,

1. Color / brighness part is because these 2 photos were NOT taken under studio conditions; in otherwords, both these were casually taken in the Tea Museum (Munnar) - hence the camera angle might have contributed the colour / brighness part.

2. But, if you inspect closely the No:1 is Cropped & hence with less DATA (clarity)

3. On the contrary, No:2,a full frame photo has more details (pl see it again); ie. due to the larger optics (Lens) used and the bigger senser (more data captured).

However, for a normal (common) use, cropped one is more practical.

• due to the small size (compact),
  • much lower price (widely affordable)
  • more costeffective Lenses, 
  • Much higher reliability
  • Much less moving parts, (compared to DSLR) & greater serviceability,
  • etc. (many, many more)

To me, as per the present trend, DSLRs will be replaced with Mirrorless, in a short time.

Level 10

Thank you for your attention, dear @PoliMC

Level 9

@TravellerG Great comeback post sir. I'm very curious!! about your sample images in all your technical posts. Keep inspiring. 

these vintage radios are your collections ?!!!.  

Thank you for clarifying, @TravellerG.

It seems that compactness can be cost efficient, but it will lower the quality.

Personally I would prefer the first photo example.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 8

@TravellerG thank you for mentioning me in this post. I can tell that the top is a cropped picture because it does not have all of the details like the bottom picture, but like you stated, very close. Thank you for doing this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Super portfolio @Anonymous nice to meet you.

Hi @TravellerG,

Thanks for your reply!

You are welcome! I am waiting for your next great post!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

dear @sonnyNg - data - communication problem [travelling] - will reply tomorw.