TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Photo Tips - Best Memory Card for your Camera - TravellerG

Thank you dear @Anonymous - this can be guide for any one, in future... is it not?

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Thanks @TravellerG  for your detailed post!

You said " For sure, we would recommend a Card from a well-established brand than a cheaper product, for different types of reliability."

this is really really important!!!

Bye,

David

Level 10

Many of us know the numbers & markings - wanted to bring some clarity, which, when I wanted to study (years back), I could not get from a single place...

Yes, you are right, dear friend @davidhyno, in this case, surely only branded products only will survive.

Thanks, dear friend for your response.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Dear friends, @sonnyNg, @PoliMC & @AlexaAC - could you give your thoughts on this post, please (when time time permits ?).

Is such posts useful?

'Which Tripod is good for you' or, What are the types AutoFocusing systems & their benefits - will these be of any use to our community?

Expecting your comments....

Former Google Contributor

It would be an honor to share what we know with the community, @TravellerG ! : ]

Perhaps I need to revise all your lessons, so that I can craft up a good post. 

P.s: I keep changing constantly memory cards, as my favorites would be those ones with a slot for a mini SD card. Perhaps it was my habit to plug them into my older phones to bypass using Desktop.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!

Hi @TravellerG,

I think that the post is useful because not every people know about the specification of the Memory cards. I personally didn't know what these marks mean. I knew only about the speed class and the storage capacity. So I think it will be useful for the other Local Guides as well.

Yeah, especially the topic "Which Tripod is good for you" will be very nice!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

I think I earned something which I never used to pay attention while buying the card. Thank you so much  for this useful knowledge @TravellerG . Thumbsup. 🙂

Connect Moderator

If you're doing high frame rates (over 18fps) for stills or shooting 4k or 4k+ video then you need a UHS II card which has a wider data bus for faster transfer assuming your camera supports it.

Thanks for the tag, @TravellerG and for the descriptive post as well.

I wouldn't add anything much. Probably it would be nice just to mention that when shooting in RAW format (that is when having ambitions to become a professional photographer) a bigger SD card would be more useful since the files are larger. That gives them more options to adjust when retouching. But I guess you'll have (if not yet) a separate post about RAW photos, right? 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Welcome dear @sonnyNg...

"... I keep changing constantly memory cards..." then this post should be of some help to you.

I wrote 2 posts on Tripod, hope you will have time to see it, thanks.