TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Photo Tips - AFL & AEL - TravellerG

This post is about Auto Focus LOCK & Auto Exposure LOCK [2/2]

(Specifically for Touch Screen Mobile Cameras)

Continuation of the previous post… (Previous post.. Here).

Today, with the development of technology (Eg: Laser Focusing), there are multiple solutions for Focus hunting Problem. However, AF Lock, along with AE Lock (manually locking) is one of the best solutions.

When, Where & Why the AF/AE Locking is needed?

When, we are not able to get sharp focus of an object/ or not able to get appropriate color, where/ when the light contrast is poor (or very high), we can use the AF/AE LOCKING option.

What are the conditions, in which AFL/AEL can help?

When you Try to shoot:

1. Under very poor lighting condition or mixed (bright & dark) lighting conditions.
  2. Moving object, under low or mixed (bright & dark) lighting conditions.

How do we LOCK Auto Focus & Auto Exposure?

AF Locking: (manually locking the Auto FOCUS system of the camera, with fixed focus)

AE Locking: (manually locking the Auto EXPOSURE system of the camera, by fixed exposure)

Usually, we do AFL & AEL together; where as in many sophisticated cameras (Eg: Honor View 10), AFL & AEL can be adjusted separately.

Once you manually decide the object and lighting, and we apply AFL/AEL, then the camera will shoot, by remembering the settings you gave.

Process:

1. Launch the camera in your mobile.
  2. Focus on your main object in your camera, with expected lighting conditions, by repeatedly touching the screen (2 or 3 times for getting the best focus - Important)
  3. Then “Touch & Hold” your finger on your main Object [on the screen] (usually, a second or two), till the “Lock” sign comes ON.
  4. Then, frame the shot & shoot it.
  5. Usually, after every click (or if you touch the touch screen of the mobile), the AF/AE Lock gets released, or for every shot, one has to enable AF/AE Lock.

Pros:

Your main object will be well defined, Colors will be closer to original.

Con:

Whereas, few other areas may get over or under exposed.

If the object does not move much away from the camera, then this method will do a fairly good job.

Photo -1

Photo -2

I shot the above 2 photos (slightly tricky), one without LOCKS and one with LOCKS - Can you guess, looking at the color clarity of the multi-color Umbrella, which photo is with AF/AE LOCK? Make an attempt, please..

[More photos soon]

@PoliMC @AlexaAC @VasT @NareshDarji @SalmaanN  @TPattanaik @Saravanakanth @NandKK @Shrut19 @MohanVee

Please try it & let me know your results.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Photo Tips - AFL & AEL - TravellerG

Thank you for tagging me @TravellerG, you know how much I like tips when it comes to photography :). Many thanks for sharing! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much for tagging me @TravellerG and again thanks for sharing this great photography tips. I learnt lots of from you. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Namskar..

@TravellerG 

Great Teacher you Are.. After read your Post, Unknown Photographers become a best Photographer..

Thanks for Sharing and Tagging me is a Honor to me.

Regards From Mumbai..

Google Moderator

Let me try to guess, @TravellerG.

The first photo has the AF/AE lock on, right? The colours of the umbrella seem clearer and more natural to me.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

You are absolutely right, dear @DeniGu..

Looks, you have a lot of flair..

God artist..

God bless you to keep growing..

[ To, others.. This is the answer]

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Dear @Shrut19,

Thanks for your kind words..

Please try & let me know,

Kindly contribute with a 'post'...

Level 10

Lot of humility in your words, dear @NareshDarji

You are a blessed man..

Regards