RobertoC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Photo Sphere rejected by Maps

Hi everybody, I'm trying to upload in Street View some photo spheres, made with LG 360 CAM. Some photos aren't accepted nor rejected by Maps, some other are rejected after been accepted. In those photos there aren't faces or ads, 90% of them are shoot in mountain. This problem began about 2 weeks ago.There are some kind of updating in terms of publishing or something like that?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Roberto C, LG from Italy.

Gemona del Friuli, Province of Udine, Italy
10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Photo Sphere rejected by Maps

RobertoC - There are many similar reports of odd behavior with the Google algorithm/filter singling out the Ricoh Theta and LG 360 cameras. Approved and then rejected. No one seems to have a real answer, but there is speculation that the pixel count is low enough to trigger rejection. This, of course, would be crazy since google has advertised these cameras as perfectly acceptable. Therefore, most are stating "bugs" / growing pains are causing the review/rejection issues. There are quite a few threads you might want to read over at the google maps forum: search 'rejected'

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

RobertoC - There are many similar reports of odd behavior with the Google algorithm/filter singling out the Ricoh Theta and LG 360 cameras. Approved and then rejected. No one seems to have a real answer, but there is speculation that the pixel count is low enough to trigger rejection. This, of course, would be crazy since google has advertised these cameras as perfectly acceptable. Therefore, most are stating "bugs" / growing pains are causing the review/rejection issues. There are quite a few threads you might want to read over at the google maps forum: search 'rejected'

Level 6

Tank you @dbateser, I will search on the Maps Forum!

Level 10

Hi @RobertoC as you can see here: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Photos-approved-on-maps-are-bein...

The issue is not related to picture size; i tried also to upscale images from Theta before upload, the result is the same.

We are waiting for some news from the staff.

Level 6

Here

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/maps/VEhOWtNBzv4;context-place=topicsearchin/maps/pho...

I find the same problem. Maybe is a bug on Maps or SV. It is independent from pixel dimension or 360 cam. They suggest to check the status after 48-72 hours, it might be changed to Maps Approved.

Level 8

In one day I took 18 images with my Theta S for two different locations. The four in one location remains approved with a tour while the other with 14 remain rejected. No difference in resolution, firmware, just location.

This is a strange problem but I hope it gets sorted, I'm growing very frustrated and I can't keep clients waiting forever.

PDX Local Guides G+ Community - https://plus.google.com/communities/116523812598165539474
Level 10

found 360d accepted photos are rejected later. Reason? do not know. Disappointing.

@dbateser @RobertoC @EricPe @LucioV

Level 8

Am facing the same difficulty. Its really annoying. Our clients are waiting and I am not able to start the next work. If they are rejecting the photos, there must be a reason. 

@dbateser wrote:

Level 2

Anyone have any updates to this? My Theta S spheres are accepted when I first upload them, but then get rejected in the hours that follow? Nothing against the guidelines in the photos, etc.

k.

Level 5

Very interesting subject