AdrianLunsong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Photo Battle: Prachy, Ben and Adrian vs Kim, Shirni and Marcus

Earlier this month Prachy (Toronto LG) was over in London for work, so together with Ben (London LG) and I (Manchester LG), we had a small little catch up! We had met each other at the totally awesome LG Summit 2016 and with many other attendees from that summit, we had all kept in touch via the magic of Hangouts. So whilst we were out exploring London together with Ben naturally assuming the role of the tour guide (and slave driver making us walk almost everywhere and up stairs!!), we took some fun shots and had a bit of a giggle.. well a lot actually!

At the same time, over on the other side of the world in Singapore, Kim (San Jose LG) was visiting Shirni and Marcus (Malaysia/Singapore LG). Kim and Shirni were also fellow LG Summit 16 attendees. Kim, Shirni and Marcus had shared a group photo of themselves with the famous Merlion, a popular tourist spot.. and Ben hatched a plot to outdo their group shot! Thus, a photo battle was born where we would each try and recreate the shot taken by the other group!

Folks, I present to you our hilarious efforts!Top: Group photo with a fountainTop: Group photo with a fountain

Random mix of photos as enjoyed all that London has to offer!Random mix of photos as enjoyed all that London has to offer!

Top: Group photo from a top view; Botton: Prachy and BenTop: Group photo from a top view; Botton: Prachy and Ben

It was such a riot doing the photos, chatting to each other over Hangouts and exploring both London and Singapore. And this isn't the first time that attendees have met up with each other in different locales across the globe!

Anyway, I just wanted to share this with all of you. For those who are attending the Summit this year, you can look forward to an awesome time and, most amazingly, have a wonderful opportunity to meet other Local Guides who are crazy passionate about exploring the world and sharing whatever knowledge we have with the world!

And you know what?! You don’t need a summit to meet and make wonderful new friends! Go out.. Explore your part of the world.. Speak to the people around! You never know, you might have a ton of laughs!

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Photo Battle: Prachy, Ben and Adrian vs Kim, Shirni and Marcus

This is great, @AdrianLunsong, this is absolutely a post with a lot of fun !!!

Super congratulations from the Italian Local Guides

DSC02969.jpg

Do you mind if I move your post in "share your photos and discoveries" board?

I can't wait to see all you guys in 17 days

Ermes

Level 10

This is awesome,i really like the both sides of the photos. 

I know shirni is pro active in all platforms and she have her own style of photos and small videos. 

You guys are looking very nice. 

Thanks for sharing with us you knowledge and experience @AdrianLunsong

Connect Moderator

Thanks @ErmesT! And please move it as you would know better which category this would fall under!! 😀

Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
Connect Moderator

Lol.. @AkmalB .. Shirni is super active!! And she's such a fun person to be around with as well!!

Connect Moderator

OK @AdrianLunsong

@AdrianLunsong wrote:
Thanks @ErmesT! And please move it as you would know better which category this would fall under!! 😀

Just landed in "share your photos ...."

Ermes