Septarina_H's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[ANDROID] Weird behavior of Connect while writing in connect

Hi

Connect is not behaving nicely when we start typing in a new post/reply using android device. Earlier it was just going up when we press comment button and now it is not possible to paste something until we hold the one tap and click the paste button. A video is created by me uploaded on YouTube(Unlisted).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNt3IShg_DU

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Re: [ANDROID] Weird behavior of Connect while writing in connect

Same here it act to me just like Autobots are playing. Again i want to add coma (,) after "here" which is second word of this comment that i forgot to add. For adding it i have to delete all words after "Here" to reach there. Main issue i face is cursor everytimes. After uploading any photo i am unable to type text after photo, i have to type any word before photo as when i click i always land before photo. No chance to land after photo. Sometimes it autowork but a number of times i have to face it to post on connect. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @deepakjhic,

Thanks for reaching out to us, as well as for the explanation and for the video example.

Would you please confirm that you have conducted the test on either Vivo Y53 with OS Marshmallow 6.0.1 or in Moto G5 S+ with OS Oreo 8.1.? If possible some information of the application web browser.

Please be noted that I have used the information from the previous post Missing layout elements in connect for Desktop.

Much appreciated for noticing, @NeerajKumarIndia.

It would be really handy as well if you could share your OS version + web browser app.

For the moment, I have decided to move the post to Permasalahan pada browser Chrome dan Firefox, due to the similarities of the details that can ease up further investigation.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 10

@sonnyNg Greetings,

My application is Chrome and Operating System is Android 6.0

Screenshot attached.

Thanks..

ScreenshotScreenshot

Level 9

Thank you very much @sonnyNg for merging with this thread. Good to know that I've many votes for this huge bug. I'm on y 53 and also tried in another local guides phone. .I'll let you know (device details) when I will confirm with her.

My chrome version is 72.0.3626.105

Thank you very much. 

Level 9

Re: Bls: [FORUM KOMUNITAS] Bandung Local Guides | Kenalan, Berbagi, Diskusi, Info

HI #AngieYC ,

Tagging is not only the one problem in connect. There are many other bugs while we write something in connect. Please refer to the video link shared by me in my first reply to this thread. I never used connect other than chrome. So I'm facing all issues in chrome. 

I'm happy that you on it. 

Thank you. 

Level 8

Hi, i also have big problems with writing text here in Connect.

Contributions and comments are very difficult. That is the reason, why i am not posting more here. I also work with Google Board and with Chrome Browser. Correcting in the text is mostly impossible and editing after posting is always impossible, i can not send. I tape and tape on the send button, but nothing happens! It is really annoying! And all my devices hang themselves so often completely up in Connect. 

It's so difficult to move here! If it were better, i would be here more often. It costs so much time. Alone to write this little text taked 1/2 hour!! I have much social networks, but nowhere is it as difficult as here! I'm so sorry, that i can not say better things! 

Greetings, Jacky

Hi @deepakjhic, @NeerajKumarIndia and @JacquelineB,

Thank you kindly for sharing your experience with us.

Much appreciated for the additional information, Deepak.

Neeraj, if you could tell us the phone model, as I forgot to mention previously. 

We are sorry to hear that, Jacqueline! If you could also send us the details of the devices you have faced issues with - phone/device model, OS version and version of the browser application. 

We are making sure to observe such happenings, please stay tuned! : ]

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 10

@sonnyNg My mobile model is Karbon Aura Power. Screenshot already attached in previous Post.

Thanks

Hi @NeerajKumarIndia,

Thanks for sharing the additional information. : ]

I will make sure to collect data from the previous posts, too.

Thank you!