BorislavA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Permanently closed listing is still visible?

Hello!

I  edited a listing as a Permanently closed /because it is closed forever/ but it is still visible on the map  -  https://goo.gl/maps/prhBVn4UKNq .

How could it be removed and be not visible at all? In fact   - it does NOT  exist anymore on this place with this name.

Thank you.

Ecology University Master degree, happy married, father of a child with Down Syndrome. I love contributing to Google maps, fixing errors, adding new places and help people using the map.
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Permanently closed listing is still visible?

Hi @BorislavA,

Thanks for reaching out.

There is no option to remove a place completely. If a business is marked as Permanently closed it appears as "Closed" on Google Maps. This means that a business will never be open in future. It can be marked as doesn't exists if there was never such business in past.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Level 9

Hello @BorislavA,

You can remove a location from map by using doesn't exits button, only when there was no such business in past. If there was a business/listing in past , mark it as permanently closed. If you're totally sure that the business will not be active in future then you may go for further action. 

By tagging a Google Moderator you can ask the whole process of such listing.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

The Permanently closed status will prevent other people to add the same business on Maps, @BorislavA

This kind of verifications would not be possible if the business is completely removed from the database.

Of couurse, the Permanently closed business should be visible only in a direct search for the name.

In addition, it happened to me to "re-open" a business that was marked as closed by mistake

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @BorislavA,

Thanks for reaching out.

There is no option to remove a place completely. If a business is marked as Permanently closed it appears as "Closed" on Google Maps. This means that a business will never be open in future. It can be marked as doesn't exists if there was never such business in past.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Thank you, all!!

I am just curious, because there was an Ialian pizza place, close to my work, and when it was closed forever, I marked it as Permanently closed. 

Now, today, they opened a new business on the same place  - a German wurst shop - https://goo.gl/maps/NPS5KGDV6GU2 .

I checked it  - as a Local Guide 🙂 you know ..

0-02-05-4de630152983063e8a526a466e0dbe62836bc5d303cd5134f5ba429656c81ccf_3753c149.jpg0-02-05-86b865204b9ac63e9bc2bd463a60ce0fac6c56e6c2b033dc2f1308281bbdc5a7_1804fd07.jpg0-02-05-840555eb2da56b340cf5f3ebbf4c345e0460471ca80cd4698d441986bfa4d9d3_924a32df.jpg0-02-05-e757de4809dcb7a5e56b8ae4a65272b14cbacfd7a2911aa46e42e2fc37bc35e7_abe7ac60.jpg

But on the map the old business remains visible / https://goo.gl/maps/iAMsykLEWrs /, and it doesnt work, the Italian pizza place.

And in the future so many businesses could exist in the map on one and the same place ...which is not ok ..

Just analizing ... 🙂

Thank you all again!!

Ecology University Master degree, happy married, father of a child with Down Syndrome. I love contributing to Google maps, fixing errors, adding new places and help people using the map.
Connect Moderator

The Italian Restaurant is visible on maps only in a direct search about a specific name @BorislavA, for the reason that I mentioned before, while is not visible, even with the mazimum zoom, if you are not searching for it.

So, in the specific case, it is not correct to say that "in the future so many businesses could exist in the map on one and the same place".

I think that the correct sentence is: "in the future the history of many businesses could exist in the map on one and the same place"

Level 10

@ErmesT , you are right!!

My mistake is.that I.was.favourite the place 🙂

Connect Moderator