Syed_Mohsin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Perks?

Hello everyone 

I dont know why i didn't get any perks of being local guide even i am at level 7 

Karachi, Pakistan
15 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Perks?

Hi @Syed_Mohsin, a warm welcome in Local Guides Connect, the community of the Local Guides.

I see you are from Karachi. I have a friend in your country, @KashifMisidia, a Level 10. Do you know him?

"Perks are offered to Local Guides from time to time as a thank you for contributing great content on Google Maps", as you can find in the post about perks. The complete post, where you can also find indication about the setting of your account for being notified about the new perks is here: Question about a Local Guides perk email? Read this first

Hope this can help you

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @Syed_Mohsin, a warm welcome in Local Guides Connect, the community of the Local Guides.

I see you are from Karachi. I have a friend in your country, @KashifMisidia, a Level 10. Do you know him?

"Perks are offered to Local Guides from time to time as a thank you for contributing great content on Google Maps", as you can find in the post about perks. The complete post, where you can also find indication about the setting of your account for being notified about the new perks is here: Question about a Local Guides perk email? Read this first

Hope this can help you

Level 10

Thanks dear @ErmesT for sharing the link to the very useful post Question about a Local Guides perk email? Read this first

Level 10

Dear @Syed_Mohsin, please understand that Local guide program is a community-driven program and voluntary act. 

However, recently many perks were distributed to the local guides like google drive space, Redbus coupons, stickers, Socks etc.   

In addition to dear @ErmesT guidelines, if you are interested  you can see the list of Perks given away in the past, written by @StephenAbraham

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Repository-of-lists-of-Perks-for-Local-Guid...

Google Moderator

Hi @Syed_Mohsin,

Welcome to the community!

I'm going to change the topic of your post to How-tos, as that is the place where Local Guides like you ask their questions, give feedback, and more. You can learn more about Connect topics here: What are Connect topics?

As @ErmesT has already given you the right answer, I hope you have the time to check the post he shared. The information shared by @JohnPeter is also very helpful.

Have a nice day!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

The perks used to be much better (drive storage, parties, etc) but those days have long gone. When I first became a local guide I pledged my loyalty to Google instead of yelp (and yelp elite). At the start Google Local Guides was called City Experts. The program was great! Private parties, food, events, drive storage, etc. But now its changed quite a bit. I am also a Local Guide Level 7 and I think the biggest thing I've gotten in 2 years was a digital magazine sub. There was a thing maybe 2 years ago that allowed top Level people in the bay are to come to the Google Campus and they got to give input and were given a tour. Ironically I became a Googler a few years ago and I was not able to attend because I am an employee.

If it makes you feel better, Local guides get better perks from contributing to maps than employees do :). I am in limbo now as a Local Guide Level 7 and a Google Employee. Know that we appreciate all your maps contributions, it really helps your fellow human being a lot! Much appreciated. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perks is not my driver for being a Guide on level 7. But being promised perks by G is setting my expectations just as people walking into a Google five star restaurant.  Four years as your guineapig is enough. Call me when you appreciate your guides. Bye.

Level 6

Perks

Anybody else feeling hard done by Google's lack of perks or just me? I'm a level 6 guide with around 225,000 views on my photos and yet I've only ever been offered one perk...in 2017. I've contributed around 200 photos, 289 answers and 57 reviews/ratings but all I've got back was a 3 month trial for The New York Times in September 2017 (over one and a half years ago). Surely it's not just me that doesn't receive anything from Google? Being a local guide feels very one-way at the moment.

Level 9

Re: Perks

Sorry to hear your matter.  There is no coreelqcorr between your contributions and the perks though your level does determine some perks.  In modern age getting people's attention is difficult so we may post a lot but not have viewership.  Don't let that discourage you.  Do remember quality of content matters too.

Giridhar B Pai
Level 8

Re: Perks

@AlekaiDon, don't be discouraged and keep to contribute at your best. The most important perk that we may get from our contribution is the priceless help that people get from our reviews and photos posted on Google Maps. This is a great recognition that worth so much. All the best, Giuseppe