Avinash-Kumar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Perks or Benefits or Advantages?

What are the perks or advantages a local guide can get by Google. Like earlier there was 100GB of drive storage available for points exchange, is there any advantage or benefits available now?

Delhi, India
15 comments
Level 8

Re: Perks or Benefits or Advantages?

Hi @Avinash-Kumar Perks are just encouragement for localguides....and the perk (100GB storage) you're talking about has been expired months ago.....Dont worry recent active  perks in India is 

(Offer on RedBus).

Level 8

Hi @Avinash-Kumar Welcome to Local Guide Connect Community

Currently there are no perks rolled out perks given just to encourage us along the way

As a Local Guide, you earn points for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Those points lead to higher levels of the program, as well as benefits like early access to Google features and special perks from partners. Perks and benefits for the Local Guides program are always changing.  Benefits like invites to special events are made available to our high quality and actively contributing Local Guides. Here is a review of our points system

Local Guides also enjoy early access to new product features as well as occasional perks from some of our partners and benefits from Google. There is no financial compensation from being a Local Guide as this is an at-will program that you are free to contribute to at your own leisure. 

To make sure you are in the know on future updates, please ensure your email-settings are set to receive updates on 'Perks' and 'News & Product Updates'

Reagrds,

Jagadeesh reddy.

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 4

Hello,

I dont really see what's the ducking point of contributing then. For anybody of us time is the most important value in our lives. By spending 5minutes average, where we contribute to this company, there should be a foreseeable perk/compensation. I'm somewhat sad because I put time into this to get some space on my drive. 

Greetings

Disappointed Member

Level 10

I would say the main advantages of the progressively higher local guide levels is Kudos, plus a desire to help others. Whilst reviewers should never be spiteful or untrue in their reviews, you have a chance to warn others of genuine bad places/services, and congratulate and encourage other business for being good. Avoid taking notice of anyone leaving a lot of one star reviews, they are misusing Google to get back at people that annoyed them ("Don't be evil"! 🙂 ) Photos are always good, and earn you more points! One person's meat is another's poison, as they say, so reading a whole lot of reviews of a place you're considering using will give you a balanced view, but not 2 or 3. Also, if you tell a business the your a higher level (5/6/7/8/9/10?) google local guide, they will be trying to impress you with their good service, so you give them a better review! 

Nigel Tegg
Level 4

I do feel that they should give back something to us and not just take. I don't see the point of spending time and internet without any relevant perk. It is really sad. 

Level 6

Yes I have also get the redbus coupons but unfortunately not red bus service in my city 

Level 9

I really don't see any added value for local guide program as a local guide. The advantages all for Google and the users using google maps.

It is time for google to make value of the local guide time and effort, just like YouTube. I have reached level 8 and I zero benefit from perks , and even don't know what they mean, only a counter. This is unfortunate.

Level 8

I don't contribute for perks, but to improve the map for all users. I would say though, perks are welcome, but Ive only had 1 in my 15 months as a guide, 3 months subscription to the New York Times, which has very handy as I was just about to go on holiday to NYC.

Many perks seem to be very localised, I've often thought perks should be in the form of something most of use would use, Play Store offers or credits seem an obvious choice.

Happy mapping 😀

Level 9

Very true it is a pity.

I believe this is a good idea for Google. 

I really don't want to see people stop contributing and wasting their data package, money and time.

Regards to all,