trungnd's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Pending Maps Edits

Dear All,

As level 6 Local Guide 's privileges. I see that my editing normally got  quick approved, but some editing get pending status all the time (months) and not change any more.

How can i solve this. And can i get the reason for "Not Applied" to fix them ( it violates which parts of GM rules, for instance) 

Image 1.png

15 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Pending Maps Edits

Hi @trungnd it is as @Briggs says, Google do not discuss why something goes to "Not applied". Your "Pending" items are likely sitting in "Check the facts" for other LG and Googlers to verify your suggestions.

Things which I've found help edits to go through smoothly are:

• Physically be at or near the place you are editing
  • Include photos that support your edit
  • Be consistent with your edits

Many of mine go right through but like you some sit in pending for a long time and while it doesn't happen often I do get Not Applied from time to time. Generally when this happens I will retry the edit in a different way. Sometimes that will work and sometimes not. 

If a business is claimed most changes will go to Not Applied because the business owner will set their own information and that is given more weight than the LG edit. In those cases if you think information is out of date and you're comfortable doing it suggest to the business manager/owner that they need to update Maps.

Regards

Paul

View solution in original post

Level 10

Don't worry, the same here actually.

As level 8, I get a lot of edits that are pending for months on advance, and the not applied ones too. Google can't give an exact reason why they don't apply edits, so just move on and keep on editing.

A way to get some edits approved or expedited is if other local guides can verify your edits around your area and show that it actually legitimate. Those contributions help the Google team make better decisions, I've seen a lot of my verifications go through for other guides and it's been very successful. Help others help you, it's a community together.

Level 6

Thank Briggs,

I know that the Google Maps Teams (or Bot) have a ton of editing request per single days, Hope the services will better (lower approvement time) and informative (Show the users why it's not approved, what need to change to be approved ) to the contributors. To encourage them to contribute more.

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @trungnd it is as @Briggs says, Google do not discuss why something goes to "Not applied". Your "Pending" items are likely sitting in "Check the facts" for other LG and Googlers to verify your suggestions.

Many of mine go right through but like you some sit in pending for a long time and while it doesn't happen often I do get Not Applied from time to time. Generally when this happens I will retry the edit in a different way. Sometimes that will work and sometimes not. 

If a business is claimed most changes will go to Not Applied because the business owner will set their own information and that is given more weight than the LG edit. In those cases if you think information is out of date and you're comfortable doing it suggest to the business manager/owner that they need to update Maps.

Regards

Paul

Level 10

Hello @trungnd You may also want to visit this article:https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie...

That happened to me many times, I have added like 20places before all of them got rejected, but after that article came out and I followed though I was seriously helped and this days my edits are hardly denied. Please feel free to also visit the article it might also help you concerning your topic. 

Level 6

Thank Mr @PaulPavlinovich for your detail suggestions,

I think it's a reasonable reason to pending Googler or LG edit. 

Later i will try to apply your experiences and hope it will be luckier.

Brs.

Level 6

Yep, Thank Mr @HelloSamsonR for the useful link.

Will try to contribute more 😄 

Level 10

Am so delighted you are relaxed now.:). Thanks to @Briggs and @PaulPavlinovich For providing you useful information as needed. 

Best Regards and Happy Mapping 🙂

Connect Moderator

Enjoy your mapping @trungnd my main rule for myself for social contributions is never sweat the small stuff. If something goes to not applied, it's not going to change the universe and it isn't ever personal.

I think given you are Level 6 that you're already doing quite well so keep up the good work and don't forget to have fun.

Regards

Paul

Level 3

hello

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Regards

Paul