moshtak786's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Participating in LG connect conference

Is it mandatory to arrange LG meet up if anybody wants to participate in LG connect conference?

Dhaka, Bangladesh
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Participating in LG connect conference

Hi @moshtak786,

I just wanted to let you know that Local Guides is a global community of explorers sharing their discoveries on Google Maps. You can help others find the best spots in town and also make new friends. You are not obliged to organize or join any Meet-ups if you don't feel comfortable doing it.   

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@FelipePK, thanks for your helpful post.

Connect Moderator

@moshtak786, as @FelipePK stated it is not mandatory that you have to host a meetup or attend a meetup to be able to get invited to Connect Live. 

What you should focus on is be the best at what you like to do as a Local Guide, whether it is;

1) write reviews

2)  take and upload photos /videos to Google Maps

3)  perform edits to Google Maps

4) add new places to Google Maps

5) focus on kid-friendly, mobility friendly, elderly-friendly places/businesses, etc. and add them to Google Maps

6) give talks about being a Local Guide

7) etc.

Hope this gives you some ideas on how to be and make being a Local Guide enjoyable.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

@KarenVChin, thanks a lot. Now it is clear to me. I'm very greatful to you as well as @FelipePK

Level 8

Thanks @FelipePK & @KarenVChin for your valuable information.