Ives_San's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Palo Santo - The sacred tree of the Incas.

A few years ago I visited Quito. The capital of Ecuador and during a trip I made with a group to an ecological park I heard the story about Palo Santo the sacred tree of the Incas.

"Palo Santo" means "sacred wood". This tree lives in the South American region of Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia and Mato Grosso, in Brazil. It was widely used by ancient pre-Hispanic cultures such as Tiwanaku and the Incas.

The origin of the Palo Santo is very old. The Inca Shamans used this wood in their religious and spiritual rituals as a tool to bring good luck, to remove any sign of negativity and as a means of achieving better spiritual communication with their gods. It was used daily in their spiritual activities and prayers, to bring prosperity, to improve the mood and cleanliness of spaces and environments.

The wood has a very pleasant and comforting aroma, a surprisingly strong and sweet smell when burned, so it is also used as incense. It is considered a tree with medicinal qualities. Its multiple benefits cause the energy of the environment to be purified, due to substances such as limonene, active ingredient present in a high percentage in its trunk, responsible for the physical and spiritual cleaning of environments, making it more peaceful, balanced and harmonious . Its smoke has the property of cleansing and purifying the environment against spirits of low energy vibration and other negative energies.

Refugio de vida silvestre Pasochoa, Equador