nabeeltirmazi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Palm Container Night Market - Article & 360 Walk through

Despite of the historical significance of Siem Reap, the city is also famous for its nightlife and trendy culture. Opposite to magnificent Sokha Siem Reap hotel, Palm container night market is also one place not to be missed even if you are having a short trip to this city.

Palm container night marketPalm container night market

Though the trend of cargo container markets came significantly from Thailand, Cambodia has now many of its own signature container markets in many cities.
IMG_20190612_184629925.jpg
Artistically designed and joined, these containers not only host local clothing brands and miscellaneous accessories and gadgets but also the restaurants, pubs, Kids's Park and a gaming zone and live music stage enhances its vibrance especially at the night.
Container gaming zoneContainer gaming zone

At the entrance there are two large statues of ‘Transformer’ famed Optimus Prime and Bumble Bee.
IMG_20190612_184858672.jpg
IMG_20190612_184851009.jpg

The shops inside offers cheap and affordable clothing especially t-shirts, slippers, jeans etc and also replicas of branded watches, sunglasses, tripods, selfie sticks, etc.
Affordable kids wearAffordable kids wear

IMG_20190612_184737468.jpg
Because of recent Korean wave in southeast Asia, many of the restaurants within such markets offer Korean cuisines apart from Khmer traditional food.
Food StallsFood Stalls

Great place to hangout with friendsGreat place to hangout with friends
IMG_20190612_184649592.jpg
I liked the shopping experience and for me the best part was that the whole place was clickable for my social networks. Let me know, which other container markets you visited recently, so I can add it to my wish list. Dont forget to watch the 360 video tour of the market
Syed Nabeel Hassan Tirmazi
Palm Container Night Market, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
18 comments
Level 8

RE: Palm Container Night Market - Article & 360 Walk through

Wow! Thank you for the good information. I am grateful to Cambodia for selling Korean food, too. If I go to Cambodia, I will definitely visit there.Thank you. Local guide! ( From South Korea Kelly)n

Kelly
Level 6

Re: Palm Container Night Market - Article & 360 Walk through

That was colourful @nabeeltirmazi, thank you for sharing with us. I love the “Transformer” statues; so huge and beautiful.

Level 8

Thanks @Dr_Mohh , indeed the experience was marvelous.

Level 6

Wonderful and informative.  Loved reading and loved the colourful pictures. 

Level 8

RE: Palm Container Night Market - Article & 360 Walk through

Cambodian youngsters are in love with Korean cuisines, not to mention the adoption of Korean fashion as well 🙂

Level 8

Thank you very much 😊

Level 10

Hi @nabeeltirmazi 

nice and details about the market. Cool

So other LGs want to go there, could see what they offered.

Thank you for sharing it, will wait about your other stories about your journey. Sometimes tourist see unique things, that locals don't see. As my friend once told, Common Things for locals, become extraordinary for tourists!

Connect Moderator

Amazing colorful photos @nabeeltirmazi although I'm not sure that the container markets compliment well with Cambodia’s iconic ruins of Angkor

Leaderboards:  * Points   * Photos   * Videos   * Countries   * Movers & Shakers
  Star Leaderboards:    * Photos    * Videos   * 360 Spheres
  Star Albums:   * Photos   * Videos   * 360 Spheres   * Stars Discussions
  Join in:      * How to Register    * Register   * Login   * Extensions
Level 8

Thank you very much for appreciating, will be uploading some more articles from my visit to Cambodia.