TheEagleEye's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Pacific Ocean meets the Tasman Sea

The most Northern point of New Zealand, Cape Reinga. It is where you can see the meeting of two oceans, the Pacific Ocean, and the Tasman Sea. 

See Google Maps here https://goo.gl/maps/jaymrCEE2Nt and see a few photos here https://photos.app.goo.gl/DrHQcbMsZurejHcUA

My photo shows the meeting of two oceans, clearly seen by the different color tones.

The meeting of the Pacific Ocean and the Tasman SeaThe meeting of the Pacific Ocean and the Tasman Sea

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Cape Reinga, New Zealand
4 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Pacific Ocean meets the Tasman Sea

I was waiting for a post from your beautiful Nation @TheEagleEye

Which kind of animals are populating this area? Can you spot kiwi and Tasmanian's devils? 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @Sorbe, there maybe Kiwis there but very difficult to see. Kiwis are nocturnal so out at night and even then are difficult to see. They can be heard though http://www.backyardkiwi.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Male1.mp3

Also mice maybe found but not abundant. No Tasmanian Devils as they are Australian.

You can be safe in New Zealand as there aren't any dangerous animals or anything poisonous to kill you. We don't have snacks.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.

Hi @TheEagleEye,

That sea is looking quite tempting! I can't wait for summer to dip into the sea. How beautiful is New Zealand! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Thank you for all these precious information @TheEagleEye.

I would never imagined that kiwi could be so noisy. About dangerous animals or reptiles, this is another reason why I'd rather visit New Zealand than Australia. Furthermore I have to confess that I have a soft spot for All Blacks. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!