cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

POI Deletion through Private Message

@

Hi @thuthiem

Please note, without any valid reason you cannot request to other LG Members to delete any POI, at least I will not do it.

And if your are sure of it, why you have not "Reported" on Google Maps and not discussed in Connect open forum, instead of that you want to do it silently through writing Private Message LGs. Why ?

Just as an Alert to all my fellow LGs.

Dear @ErmesT request to look into it. Thanks.

Vijay Desai.

Vadodara, Gujarat, India
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: POI Deletion through Private Message

@VijayDesai I understand this user has already been escalated.

Level 10

Dear @PaulPavlinovich

Thanks for information.

I have Reported two days back, immediately on receiving his/her private message.

Is there any way, by which LGs can know who are privously Reported or not ?

Otherwise there will be repeatation of like this again.

One more doubt, if he/she already been reported, how can his ID is still functional ?

Vijay Desai.

Connect Moderator

Hi @VijayDesai it does not hurt to escalate or report someone more than once from different people.

We have to presume a LG is innocent until they are investigated so producing some kind of black list would violate that basic assumption and violate privacy.

Regards Paul

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich

Please guide me,

How do I know some other LG has Reported Mr. X person ? If there is some list, please let me know where can I see it, so next time I will check and then Report it.

For your information, I had tagged other moderator for this Report but no objection raised by him. I am confused, please clarify.

If you remember, in one of my earlier post, I have suggested, to put some mark/flag/indication on that post, so other may not Report it again.

Hope it is clear now .

Vijay Desai.

Connect Moderator

There is a private forum for moderators where we collaborate together @VijayDesai

Level 10

So that list is available to Moderators only.

I am asking, how a General LG like me will come to know ? If you have answer guide me or this will happen again or implement my suggestion @PaulPavlinovich .

Connect Moderator

If you become a moderator at some time in the future @VijayDesai then you would have access :). There is no list, we just see each other's posts when we escalate things. The team (both Googlers and volunteers) take privacy very seriously so no list would be revealed.

If you wanted to join the moderation team, the things the Googlers look for are positive respectful contribution minimising use of repeated copy/paste/macro driven posts.

Regards Paul

Level 10

Thanks.

As now you have wished, I will on day.,,,😊