DSC00365.jpg

C360_2018-12-02-13-37-53-936.png

IMG-20181201-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20181201-WA0004.jpg

DSC00512.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

IMG-20181201-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20181201-WA0019.jpg

This pictures represent the advocacy for Autism Inclusion and equal opportunities using the power of our voice through the Awareness  Walk.

In the spirit of the new month and solidarity, we marched forth to explain to fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, aunties, uncles, and various neighbouring community of the meaning of Autism spectrum disorder in Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo, Pidgin and English Languages respectively - communicating and explaining to them in details the symptoms and management attributed to Autism spectrum.  We realised that a lot of them attributed this medical condition to curses, spiritual attacks and even recurring myths due to lack of education and knowledge. 

It was engaging, highly educative and the results measured was positive to influence the stakeholders of the community! .

The community dwellers of Oworonshoki Kosofe Local Government Area were ready to learn, understand and become part of the solution to managing and emerging Productive Autistic Talents in Oworonshoki community in Lagos state Nigeria. 

The Autism Inclusion Conference will come up on the 8th of December 2018. If you know any autistic brother,  sister,  friend or loved one who may benefit from this conference,  it's highly imperative they register to get a free ticket by clicking below 

Autism Inclusion Conference

We can't wait to have you.

What a wonderful way to wrap up our community development project for the year 2018.

Together we can achieve much!

Autism Inclusion Is A Goal! .

Racheal.I
Olopomeji Park, Oworonshoki, Nigeria
22 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Oworonshoki Autism Awareness Walk

Hey @Richyrachy,

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing this empowering message. There is no better feeling than creating awareness in your community for a great cause, so well done! Your photos show the enthusiasm of the participants and it is just beautiful! Was this your first awareness walk for autism?

That said, best of luck for a successful event at the upcoming Autism Inclusion Conference! 😊

PS: Feel free to Introduce Yourself in our monthly topic.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 4

Hello @AlexaAC thank you so much. Your kinds words motivate me and my team to plan towards another peaceful demonstration walk for 2019. 😊😊😊

Actually,  this is my first walk for Autism Inclusion and Awareness. Last year November 4th, I had a walk on down syndrome to create awareness and inclusion like this. It was truly a huge success as this. Find few pictures below.

Thank you so much for wishing me luck in the Upcoming Autism Inclusion Conference this Saturday the 8th of December 2018. I wish you could make it 😊 I appreciate this. 

Screenshot_2018-12-05-10-12-41-1.png

Screenshot_2018-12-05-10-13-03-1.png

Racheal.I

This is just amazing work, thanks @Richyrachy!

I wish I could, but I'm about 6500 km away. Hopefully one day, for sure. 🙂

Just as a suggestion, if you would like to create even more awareness towards your cause, you could host a meet-up and get Local Guides in your area, involved. I wish you all the best.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Very cool @Richyrachy my youngest son has Asperger's which is on the spectrum, this will be with him for his entire life. The more people know and understand autism in the world the easier life will become for those who struggle with it.

Level 4

@PaulPavlinovich I can relate to your son's condition, over the year we have learnt that the best form of therapy for ASD is Love and total acceptance asides the health assessment and approaches given to autistic children and adults.  I am determined to help provide you with health outreaches relevant to enable your son become more productive. Thank you so much for keeping in touch,  I hope we converse soon. 

Racheal.I
Level 4

@AlexaAC I look forward to doing so. Thank you so much.

Racheal.I
Connect Moderator

Hi @Richyrachy he is well managed. We don't need anything, thanks for thinking of us for information.

Thank you for sharing this huge inspiration with the community, @Richyrachy. You guys all look so positive and determined. This is the right way to raise awareness. Please, continue organising these walks and share the recaps with us. You bring back the trust in the world in your own way. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Beautiful and praiseworthy initiative @Richyrachy!

Just make everyone understand that we are all normal in the eyes of others, only that some of us need only more attention and more understanding. 

Good work !!

Bye,

David