OSAMA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity ,Every Day on this Community is World Diversity Day.....

Thanks a million @KlaudiaB for sharing your very inspiring past. I can relate with that story very well.

@KlaudiaB wrote:

Dear @SanyaOdare

something I write to you, OK? 

Many years ago, when I was very young, I studied in agricultural university in our country, in Slovakia.

(It was my first university, now I degree in healt care too). I had classmate from Ghana, his name was

Jeff Coleman A.. His face was other,   than most people in our country, many my Slovak classmate were

bad to him...Our professors spoke very quickly, so he did not make notes and than he could not learn.

I have a nice handwriting, he asked me to lend him my notes. It was not problem for me, I regularly

gave him my booklet. Later, when we had examination from mathematics, it was so difficult for most

of us, Jeff was so good in this area, all our school group asked his for help... And he helped everyone,

even thos,  who had been mocked before... But I only felt shame, what evil can be people...

So it is my story, Klaudia

Connect Moderator

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity ,Every Day on this Community is World Diversity Day.....

Thanks @OSAMA, this (UNHCR) is one of the "badge" of which I'm very proud. More than being a Moderator.

I'm a lucky person, I live in a country with food, water, a good family that I love, a good job, and no wars.

So I think that I have to thank the rest of the world, and give an help, to the people that is not lucky like I am.

Diversity is a great opportunity for our planet, @KlaudiaB, and we must be proud to state this. In  my country it is not so easy to talk about diversity, nor about refugees, like in other part of the planet is not so easy to talk about being a woman, @SumaiyaZafrin.

However, Italy is a country i love, for many other reasons.

We are a community of equals @DiAnaUS, equals in our diversity, and this is one of the reasons to love also the Connect community.

So, thanks to everyone that is posting in here, sharing in here, talking in here. And, acting as myself, thanks to @TraciC (my friend more than my boss) for her continuuos activity to buildUp and to mantain this wonderful place.

Level 10

Thank you @OSAMA to give me as Indonesia citizen to have the opportunity to have a friend from Jordania.

Regards

Budi

Indonesia

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Connect Moderator

Oh my God! It's my pleasure that u mentioned me !I am really feeling happy but I m not that much doing good ,I am just try to be doing something good ...Thank u dear,u always give me inspiration,I m really happy ,and u people are like family to me..😍😍😍

@ErmesT

Connect Moderator

Millions of small fire can warm up millions of houses, I big fire cannot do this. So thanks to be one of the small fire. @SumaiyaZafrin.

A sing person cannot save the planet, but millions pushing in the same way can do it. Every single fire is important, like every single person is.

Connect Moderator

Yap you are right,and we always try to do that and one day we can do it ,it's my promise!

@ErmesT

Connect Moderator

Dear @OSAMA, this is a great topic to discuss about. In this modern world, we all are facing this diversity of culture, dialogues and what not. It is so obvious that every single person on earth is trying to develop the value of diversity in every steps. 

You know, I am from Bangladesh. There was a time when my country used to be known as one of the poorest countries in the world. We used to have epidemics, floods, illiteracy and ignorance in abundance. After we got independence in 1971, this country was nothing but a land of poverty and darkness. But in course of time, we have learned to stand up for ourselves. We have developed ourselves. Our education, civilization has developed significantly. We do not consider ourselves as a poor country anymore, rather we are a developing country now.

Like @ErmesT mentioned in his comment, talking about being a woman is not that difficult here anymore. Slowly, but gradually we are improving.

I am a 42 years old woman (well, I am actually 22 for last 20 years). Staying in an apartment all by myself and I am solely responsible for earning my bread and butter. I ride a scooter and I am comfortable about it. Woman of my age and social status in other cities in Bangladesh may not have the same freedom as mine, but they are also being independent. There is a lot of single woman out there working and living their lives comfortably. Of course there are hurdles, but these ladies are learning to overcome those. You will find many families in our villages where both the husband and wife are earning for the family and running the show. I would say this is an opportunity to help people understand the value of diversity and learn how to live together in harmony. Diversity is not just a range of different culture or religion or race, diversity is also a concept of equality and togetherness. 

Level 10

@OSAMA wrote:

From UN site cultural diversity dayFrom UN site cultural diversity day

Today is the World Diversity Day.....

So let's seleprated this Big Awesome Diversity Community .....

@ErmesT @LucioV @TraciC @MariaBi @SoniaK @AnuradhaP @ShafiulB @SanyaOdare

@YK1001

I'm learning so much from this community, every day. And the world now seems littler than ever! I discovered 3000 m mountains in Indonesia, great catholic churches in India, saw Local Guides in Annapurna Base Camp. This is simply amazing. Local guides community is a great example of diversity and barreer free world.

Hope that countries that have still problems in the program (like Iran, Turkey and China, to mention the first i can remember) will be engaged more and more in the future!

Googler

@ErmesT We are indeed friends and Local Guides! This thread makes me beyond happy!!!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9

What a wonderful amazing wisdom @ErmesT

Am a heavyweight Reader I read every Day and night ( except my wedding night )

This is the first time I read this qoute 🏅

@ErmesT wrote:

Millions of small fire can warm up millions of houses, I big fire cannot do this. So thanks to be one of the small fire. @SumaiyaZafrin.

A sing person cannot save the planet, but millions pushing in the same way can do it. Every single fire is important, like every single person is.