LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Orphanage in the Marcigliana reserve

Ex orphanage - MarciglianaEx orphanage - Marcigliana

Today, after long work hours working on security automation, made a flyover this strange (and someone says haunted) building, an ex-orphanage.

If you enter the rooms and the corridors you can see writings on the wall, and the atmosphere is really strange.

I will share a video later.

You can read more here: Ex orfanotrofio Santa Maria della Pietà

It's not easy to get there, and the area is occupied by some homeless; there are also many power lines, so flying here is dangerous.

Hope you like my discovery.

Ex Orfanotrofio della Marcigliana, Roma, RM, Italia
15 comments
Level 8

Re: Orphanage in the Marcigliana reserve

"Amazing Shot"!!!! However, you couldn't pay me no amount of money to go in there... I believe the hairs on the back of my neck raised up... And I also experienced a cold chill... "Wow"!!! Imagining kids there disturbs me... May I ask a question??? When was this Orphanage established and when did it close???

Level 10

Good questions.. dear @JerwaineFleming

Level 10

BOTH, Great Shots, dear @LucioV...

360, shot with which camera? Please..

Thanks for sharing..

Level 8

Hi @LucioV, Amazing photo. Thanks for sharing with us. 

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Former Google Contributor

Hi @LucioV,

Thanks for sharing. It seems that this place is quite unconventional terrain, as it really intrigues me how it may look inside.

I can spot a couple piles of sewage tubes, if I am not wrong, which may indicate a possible projects for the building?

P/s: Stunning view from the drone once again. Should I get one for Christmas?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 10

Hi @MdAtikuzzamanLimon and @TravellerG thanks!

@JerwaineFleming actually is a little tricky to enter that place, and I did a short inside video I want to connect to external aerial video; but I was a little scared to walk inside alone at sunset... I'm not an emotive person, but I'd like to come back with a headlight and, eventually, a friend.

The Orphanage was built in 1933, but after the WWII was converted to an hospice for the elderly and closed in the 80s.

It's completely abandoned since these years, even if was used as movie set a couple of time.

As you can imagine, lots of deaths and horrible stories occurred here.

@sonnyNg yes, you should, it's the N.1 companion for LG! I suggest the lightest and portable kind of drone, but you will have to spend at least 400-500€ to get some good photography device!

Thanks for the tips, @LucioV.

I will have to look for a device that can be carried around indeed.

The most unorthodox experience was flying a racing drone, which is not advisable for an apprentice like me.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 10

Racing drones are a completely different thing.

Are cheap and can be easily repaired (as the most of them are self built using commercial components); so it's not really true that are not for beginners! But don't expect photography quality from race drones, are not made for this; that's why are not the best option for Local Guides.

My suggestion is a 2nd hand DJI Spark or a DJI Mavic Air; also for beginners!

I have to agree with you on that aspect.

Probably best for me at the moment to gather more experience with those drones I am not afraid to crash, @LucioV.

Thank you!