SamanS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

One of top and old users needs help

Hi dear Googlers,
These days my friend @Amiran faced a real problem.

His account suspended from Local Guides program.

He is one of the old users of Google Maps and also one of the most accurate ones.

All these years he's tried to complete the map and helped thousands of users as a volunteer and because of this he became one of the top users of Google Maps in the world (As I saw first one) by more than 470K points on Local Guides Program.

This couldn't be happened by wrong activities and all reviews about him from Googlers and other users specially Iranian users exactly trust this matter through the years.
He also started the Local Guides community of Iran  and brought best Iranian users together to keep the map safe and reliable.

He also paid as his own for the community materials like badges, catalogs and website, host and other things.

Many users got familiar to the map by his activities and many problem on the map has been solved by his efforts.
By increasing the usage of the map, more users want to have their business on the map and he helped many of them to do this based on guidelines but sometimes users want more exclusive helps from him (as a familiar user of the map) and he should put his personal time.

He is doing this as a volunteer but recently, he also tried to reach Trusted Photographer badge and start supporting businesses by the way Google represented so that he can at least being paid when a business want more exclusive help.

He started this beside his uncountable volunteer works on the map.

To do this, he just created an independent page in the community website and stated that "this business part is independent from Local Guides program".

Because he didn't think that this is opposite of the guidelines, he even told this to Google himself, but seems there is a misunderstanding for Google in this case and suspended his account by the reason "bundling local guides account and business works"
In fact, these are two different things and he also wrote this matter in that business page, clearly. He always tried to follow the guidelines.

Anyway right now, he is too sad and got very depressed.

He told me that he removed the business page in Iran Local Guides website to prevent from misunderstanding.
Please help him to recover his Local Guides account and his points.
Thanks

Sincerely.
Saman

@LuisRG , @GusMoreira , @BruceDM , @TraciC

7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: One of top and old users needs help

Hi @SamanS. We respect everyone's privacy and as such, we will not discuss information with anyone but the individual involved. I am closing this thread for future discussion. 

The post Why was I removed from the Local Guides program is the best post to read/direct people to in the future. 

Thank you. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Level 10

Level 9

don't worry @SamanS :)))

and give my greeting to @amiran ,this happened to me before am sure its a system glitch or something don't worry this will resolve we all know Amiran he is very dedicated to this program , an he is one of the best around the world 🙂

Level 10

It's incredible, I have not even seen an error over the length of time I've been with him, hopefully he'll fix it as soon as possible.😥

I hope all the moderators who know him will help🙏🌷🌹🙏

Majidmadsdi
Level 10

Hi @SamanS I'm so sorry for @Amiran, I'm pretty sure there must be some technical explaination.

I can ensure that LG and SVT activity could be run at the same time, but always remember that any LG activity (photos, reviews, ratings, edits) should not be offered as paid services while performing as SVT photographer.

I hope that the Googlers could take care of his account and reach him privately with informations on how to proceed.

Meanwhile, please, let him read this public thread: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Help-Desk/Why-was-I-removed-from-the-Local-Guides-program/m-p/...

Best luck

Level 9

removing information Flash said was not correct

Flash or another mod should feel free to delete this post.

Connect Moderator

Please do not have him email the local guides team.  Not following the correct process is not the way to convince the team that you do not do things incorrectly and should be reinstated.

Please have him follow the guide that @LucioV linke above.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Googler
Solution

Hi @SamanS. We respect everyone's privacy and as such, we will not discuss information with anyone but the individual involved. I am closing this thread for future discussion. 

The post Why was I removed from the Local Guides program is the best post to read/direct people to in the future. 

Thank you. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.