StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

One of the most beautiful beaches in San Francisco: Baker Beach

When in San Francisco, when visiting the Golden Gate Bridge, just a short distance away is Baker Beach (Location here https://goo.gl/maps/kagyiVhzi2x), flanking the bridge on the west side. This is one of the important places to come visit as it provides a beautiful view of the bridge from the west side,

On 14th October, me and @SalmaanN had taken a fairly long bus ride from the city to get to this place. We had the whole morning and the bus ride from down town took over 45 minutes, so it was quite a distance. It's an important location for both locals and tourists. 

We walked along the beach, took photos, videos and a fairly lengthy 360 video.

This place is a must go for beach lovers. If the weather permits, one can spend the whole day there. There we saw many locals just relaxing and playing with their pets. 

Watch our video walk below. Part 1 and Part 2

Some of the photos of the beach below:

Baker Beach, San Francisco, CA, USA
7 comments
Level 7

Re: One of the most beautiful beaches in San Francisco: Baker Beach

OOh cool. I hope to go back to San Francisco next summer and take my family. I will add this place to the list of things to see! 

Level 9

Nice place, nice video @StephenAbraham

Thank you for sharing

Level 9

Beautiful photos @StephenAbraham!  I have never gone out to Baker Beach, and I live here.

When I have company in town, my go-to spot to get them a good view of the bridge is Fort Point.  It's location, directly under the San Francisco Anchorage end of the bridge, gives a very unique View up close of the bridge.

It's a Civil War era Fort that did not sustain any damage from the war. It's in pristine condition and a national park. That means entrance is free.  😃

here's a photo of the bridge from that Viewpoint that I took on the very same day that you were over at Baker Beach! I was there on Paul's bike ride!

A view of the bridge!A view of the bridge!

I'm sure the other people got great photos of the bridge as well. I would love to see them posted here, hint hint!  😊

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Level 8

Hi @StephenAbraham Anna.

It was an awesome experience on exploring Baker Beach with you. The view was so good at the beach. The beach water was so clear. Thanks a lot for taking me to that place. I totally enjoyed visiting it. I hope to cover the other places to visit in San Francisco with you in future. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Hi @KimberlyAnnG.

The view of Golden Gate bridge from Fort Point looks extraordinary. Thanks for sharing. I would love to visit it in future.

Vellore Local Guides
Level 9

@SalmaanN that view is, for some reason, an undiscovered treasure of San Francisco. It always amazes me that more people don't go there just for The View. It's easy to get to because it's right at the end of Crissy Field. An easy walk.  if you happen to be driving a car, there's parking right at the foot of the fort and it's free! I have never gone there and not gotten a space. If you happen to come at the right time of year and the waves are breaking right, you can observe Surfers in the water in front of the fort.  There are also times when gray whales will play under the Golden Gate Bridge and unless you happen to be in the water on a paddleboard, this may be the only place that you could watch that as well.  😁. Let's make a plan to go visit it next year when you return!  😊

In the meantime, I'm going to head over to Baker Beach to see the view that you had!

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Level 8

The place sounds incredibly awesome filled with so many surprises, @KimberlyAnnG. Thanks a ton for the detailed info. Very much excited to visit it with you next year, if I get selected. Being there at SFO with you all was indeed one of the best days of my life. I am sure you will have a great time at Baker Beach. 

Vellore Local Guides