ESCism's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

One local guide submits almost exclusively errant photos

I have read the discussions of the problems of removing errant photos from businesses.  We have one local guide here that is posting incorrect and irrelevant photos on a regular basis.  It's unclear if this person is simply trying to up their guide rating 'the easy way' or if they truly don't get it.  They really like photos of trains and tracks and upload those to breweries, parks etc. etc.  I've been checking more local businesses since I discovered this and it's always the same person posting the errant photos.  I wonder if there is a way to stop them? a way to report what they're doing that maybe impacts their guide rating if found accurate? I don't know what else might make a difference with this person.  It would be nice to help them if they're simply incompetent but that seems to be an unlikely option here since the same photos are uploaded multiple times to different local businesses.   Yes, the photos are a problem for the businesses and I've flagged and reported each one I have found that is bad.  BUT it's really this guide that's the source of the problem.  

Roanoke, VA, USA
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: One local guide submits almost exclusively errant photos

Hi @ESCism

Thanks for reaching us.

Please read this post to know how to report a Local Guide: How to identify and report fraud on Google Maps

Read it till the end, because the part that is intended for you is just at the end of the post

Ermes

Level 6

Thank you, I really appreciate the clarification.  So the process seems to be I should tag a Moderator who can then instruct me how to proceed further.  I'm not sure from the article if the Moderator's have differing areas of responsibility... but I will tag one @MarinSt here and hope that I have followed the process correctly.  

Connect Moderator

Thank you for reading.

I will tag him for you. A tag have in fact to be written in the post, otherwise it doesn't work, @MarinSt

Thanks again

Ermes

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ESCism, thank you for flagging. I'll contact you in private message with guidance how you should proceed further with reporting the violating Local Guide.

Thank you for tagging me, @ErmesT!