Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

One Glorious Year of Local Guides Connect

Caption: One year of Local Guides Connect, photo is of Barangaroo taken from The '36' Photowalk in Sydney 2017 edition.Caption: One year of Local Guides Connect, photo is of Barangaroo taken from The '36' Photowalk in Sydney 2017 edition.

According to my profile, it says that I first registered for Local Guides Connect on the 22nd of April 2017, mostly because I was emailed to sign up for this program and that I was finding further information about the '36' photowalk hosted by @AlexG the next day. So today is pretty much my Local Guides Connect birthday! So this post is a celebration of the journey so far on this delightful global platform where I have made new friends, developed my photography and mapping skills, and even grew hungrier for both life and international cuisine. So I'm using this post as a personal and social index to help navigate to all my important posts that I have composed and been a part of for my first year of Local Guides Connect.

My Journey on Local Guides Connect

Over the past 12 months, I have been to the following meet-ups:

I have also written a few ideas, experiences, opinions and authored a few solutions, including a pretty infamous one:

I have also shared my milestones over time, usually coupled with excellent tips:

And of course, my personal ongoing ambitious project: The Sydney Conquest, which began on 13 July 2017.

My time in Local Guides Connect has been more than just peachy. It has been a fruitful, amazing initiative and an endeavour that I tend to spill my passions in. When I first introduced myself in the May 2017, I said that I strived to share my experiences and a first-hand view of an individual who explores every nook and cranny, leaving no stone left unturned. To think that I only found out about Local Guides Connect the night before my very first meet-up one entire year ago.

I have so many people to thank and be grateful for. For the crew at the Food Lovers Club, you have given me an amazing boast of confidence to go on my foodie adventures and the catalyst of an upcoming food blogger that I'm currently working on. For the comrades that stood alongside me and kept me sane with your humour, hope and humility during The Great Algorithmic Shift, I salute you and you will always have solace and the spirit of a trusted leader in me. For the moderators and Googlers that I've interacted to over time, you have my deepest gratitude for assisting me whenever it was required and for moulding me to be a professional mapper and a beautiful representative for the Local Guides Community. We may have been on opposite sides of the fence at times, but collectively we're driven for one purpose and goal in Google Maps, our love and zeal for helping others and guiding people.

I might find it very difficult to tag a select few people (since there is a limit of just ten people per post), but I'll tag the ones that I've really connected with. In advance, I'm sorry if I don't tag you, but know I truly have you in mind! I've made great friends all around the world and even in my local region as well. Building upon each other's strengths and sharing one another's hobbies and lives, we can make Local Guides Connect a greater community and make our influence and voices known.

My friends, one year of Local Guides Connect has been humbling and an international community I am so blessed to be a part of. What will the future bring for this platform? Together we can make LGC thrive, flourish and become more homelier than ever. To the next 50 million local guides and beyond, take heart and be a part of a community that influences the future!

@Justine2807 @Osaka78forTRUMP @JeslynL @LucioV @OSAMA @BruceDM @BishowvijayaP @AkmalB @JeroenM @KarenVChin

Onwards to another year of joyful and beautiful guiding,

♡briggsjourdan.

EDITED: Added link to The '36' Photowalk in Sydney 2018 Edition, and fixed a link.

59 comments
Level 10

Re: One Glorious Year of Local Guides Connect

More tags for other Local Guides/Googlers who have supported me and been great friends:

@NFN @Zethab @DshottDennis @Rodrigo_P @RonneBD @ErmesT @PaulPavlinovich @NareshDarji @SalmaanN @Julien44

I can't really remember or tag everyone, but I have done as much as I can without being overbearing(?). I extend my thanks and gratitude (as above) for the year that has passed and hope that all of you have been great and living your life well.

Level 8

SUPER post and amazing to think what you have achieved in such a short period of time.
Congratulations my friend!

Level 10

Hi @Briggs

Maybe I mentioned somewhere,that I am not a strong heart person,

Every word you written in this post is really deep,that's why I become a bit emotional 😭😭😭😭

You deserve all the respect, because every single post you wrote on connect is great addition,

For me I really learnt a lot from you, especially in food photography,

Thank you so much for be with us,

Hope to see you soon,

best wishes,best of luck

Our great food hero

Have a nice day

Connect Moderator

Great post bro @Briggs and best of luck...

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Hi @Briggs,

I don't know what to say! You are contributing so well. Everything is perfect (photos, meet-up and posts). Congratulations my friend!

I am pleased to be connected with you.  

All the best for the LGCL

See you

Jul

Level 10

Soooo well organized post @Briggs. 😃 A good reflection of your hard effort as a google guide. You are the reason of inspiration.

Taking about the future, it will be even better with our togetherness in the journey along with introduction of new fellows. 

Thank you so much for sharing this to us. 😃

Connect Moderator

@Briggs, has it only been a year here on Connect? Seems a lot longer.  And I knew when you reached your first 2 million photo views. Are you close to 100 million yet?

Much luck with your Connect Live application.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Level 10

@Briggs

Good to know your contributions during last one year, amazing. 

Best wishes for connect Live 2018.

@LucioV