AbdullahAM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

One Day in Agra Fort

After visiting the Taj Mahal I have been to the Agra Fort, it’s around 2km away from the Taj Mahal.  It was the main residence of the Mughal’s, when Agra was the capital of Mughal’s then the capital shifted to Delhi.  It is a symbol of Power, Strength and Resilience.  The Agra Fort is also known as the “Lal –Qila” or “Qila-i-Akbari”, is situated in the city of Agra, Uttara Pradesh, India.

Agra FortAgra Fort

Jahangir PalaceJahangir PalaceJahangir PalaceJahangir Palace

Just a bit About Agra Fort:

Agra Fort was built in 1573 in the reign of Akbar, one of the greatest Mughal Emperors. It takes around 8 years by more than 4 Thousand workers to complete the fort.

The main entry point of the Agra Fort is Amar Singh Gate, Ticketing point also near by the Entry Gate

What you can See:

Inside the Agra Fort you can see Jahangir’s Hauz, Jahangir Palace, Anguri Bagh, Roshan Ara Pavilion, Shish Mahal, Jahan Ara Pavilion, Shah Jahani Mahal, Mina Masjid, Nagina Masjid, Diwan-i-Aam, Tomb of John Russell Clive.

Shish MahalShish MahalJahan Ara PavilionJahan Ara PavilionRoshan Ara PavilionRoshan Ara Pavilion

Shish MahalShish MahalDiwan-i-AamDiwan-i-AamTomb of John Russell CliveTomb of John Russell Clive

Travel Information:

The Agra Fort is situated in Agra District, Uttar Pradesh, India, around 220km from the capital city New Delhi. Just near by the Agra Fort Railway Station.

Anyone can go by Domestic Air, Train or Buses from the capital city New Delhi.

Visiting Time:

Before sunrise until sunset (every day)

Entry Fees:

Adult:  Foreign Tourist: 5,50 RS

Tourist from SAARC and BIMSTEC countries: 40RS      

Indian: 40RS

Children: Free (children under 15Years, for both Domestic and International)

Discount: You will get some discount if you visit the Agra Fort just after visiting the Taj Mahal.

37 comments
Level 8

Re: One Day in Agra Fort

wow very informative thank you @AbdullahAM i wish to visit soon 

Level 9

Hello @Ambreen

Thank you so much for your comment, It's a very nice place you can visit the place.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @AbdullahAM,

Thanks for sharing!

I really liked reading your post about Agra Fort, it was very descriptive and your photos were great. Hopefully I will be fortunate enough to visit the fort myself one day. It looks huge and impressive, I can only imagine what it will look like during a sunrise.

Is Agra Fort within walking distance of the Taj Mahal, or would you recommend transportation from one to the other? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hello @MortenSI

Thank you for the comment, Agra fort is a historical place and many things to see. I think you will be pleased to see the fort. I have be to Taj Mahal early in the morning to see the beauty of Taj Mahal that's why i miss the chance to see the beauty of Agra fort during sunrise. If you have enough time you can visit two different days to visit Agra Fort and Taj Mahal.

It not not too far from the Taj Mahal, may be less than 2km away from the Taj Mahal and you can walk or you can use three wheeler and take only 10RS.

I have one post about Taj Mahal, you can see A Nice Day at My Favorite Place: Taj Mahal

I will have that in mind @AbdullahAM.

I was thinking that the best time to see the Taj Mahal would be very early in the morning, when the least amount of tourists are there. You will also get the stunning sunrise while admiring this beautiful structure. 

Thanks for the link to your other post, I really enjoyed it. I love your first photo of the Taj Mahal straight from the front, it has a nice symmetrical feel to it. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @AbdullahAM,

I'm glad we have a person like you here on Connect to share with us information about those amazing historical places. The Agra Fort and Taj Mahal are both very popular among tourists and all details you've shared will be very useful.

Agra Fort is on the UNESCO heritage list and it was also awarded for the unique architecture in 2004 as far as I know. This makes it even more interesting for me for a visit.

I hope you would have the chance to see more interesting places soon and share your feedback with us.

Have fun on Connect!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hello @MortenSI

As Taj Mahal open half an hour before the sunrise, so I think the best time is early in the morning to see the real beauty of Taj Mahal because that time very few tourist are in there.

Level 9

Hello @KatyaL

Thank you so much for your comment, I love travelling in and out side my country. Whenever i have some time I go somewhere to see the beauty of the world.

You're right Taj Mahal and Agra Fort both of them are very popular tourist area in Agra, India. You can't imagine how many tourist comes every day so see Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. 

@AbdullahAM I hope you will have the chance to explore more new interesting places around the world.

Taj Mahal is definitely on my list!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!