SajolKDas's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

One Bangladeshi Local Guide's Journey!!

Hello!! Local Guides from around the globe!!

I am Sajol Kumar Das and I am from Bangladesh. One of the greenest and emerging countries of the world.  I can not remember the exact time when I joined Local Guides but it was early 2015. At that time there was an official Meet Up event of Google Local Guides at Jamuna Future Park on the day of DevFest-2015 and Anton Astray was there too. Only selected participants got chance to take part there. I was very much fortunate that I got selected to take part and that was the turning point for me to be a Local Guides for all. For my family, for my friends, for my society, and for other new Local Guides. From that event, I got so much guidance for Mapping and Local Guiding.

>>My first meet-up after I joined Local Guides Community. It was an official event from Local Guides. Anton Astray was there. I really enjoyed the day very much and made a fantastic connection with other participants in the event. That was a great experience for me.<<>>My first meet-up after I joined Local Guides Community. It was an official event from Local Guides. Anton Astray was there. I really enjoyed the day very much and made a fantastic connection with other participants in the event. That was a great experience for me.<<

And from that time I started guiding with Bangladesh Local Guides Community and introduced with many Local Guides around the world in this four year. As a Local Guides, I learned a lot of new things from other Guides and shared a lot of thing with other guides. As a part of a community, I love to host or organize Meet Up for new Local Guides and also taking part in Meet Up is always new learning for me.

If someone asked me that, Why I am a Local Guides?

• Then I should say something like this- I want to assist people virtually by my reviews and added photos that I got from others review and photos. For example, When I am planning to visit any unknown place then, first of all, I search on the map for how to go there, what will be the nature of the place and a proper idea of the place. Like that, Others can get help from my reviews and photos. As my real life experience, these things really help to make life easier. Also, I want to mention that I am very much fond of making new friends and doing networking with new people. Like I met with @IlankovanT@DrShaunak@SovitaD@MadanKPradhan last year at Kolkata. Local Guides helps me a lot in this way- Saved lot's of time to bring people closer. Google Local Guides is one of the most important parts of my volunteer life.

>>Though I just told that I love  to make new friends. As you can see some other famous face in this frame. Ilankovan from Sri-Lanka, Shaunak Das from West Bengal and few others. In 2017 we set for South Asia Local Guides Meet-up.<<>>Though I just told that I love to make new friends. As you can see some other famous face in this frame. Ilankovan from Sri-Lanka, Shaunak Das from West Bengal and few others. In 2017 we set for South Asia Local Guides Meet-up.<<

• As a Local Guides, I like the thing most are Uploading Photos and Answering Questions. Adding a good photo means you are telling something that can not be expressed with words. I can share my most of the experience of any place within photos. And Answering Questions is helping other Map user or Local Guides directly. Moreover, these answering questions are very helpful for those persons who are physically challenged. Besides all of this, I also like to write reviews of specific visited places. Places on Google Map can be more effective and efficient by rating, writing reviews and adding photos. Moreover, I am a Google Street View Trusted Photographer and I also love to capture in 360-degree mode. I am very much conscious about the quality of writing reviews and adding photos instead of earning points. Points are the number but a good review or a good photo can make the impact.

What did I get from Local Guides Community? 

• Being in a community the best thing I get is Knowledge, Knowledge from other Local Guides. However, I met with a lot of new people in the community. I found my life mentor, big brother, co-worker, co-volunteer from this community. I come to a vicinity of some amazing people who are the real heroes of their and others life. And I am very much proud of it. I learned a lot about how to help people in a more effective way, from meet up like Local Guides Volunteer Day or By Checking Wheelchair accessibility

>>This photo is from the 4th year celebrations of Bangladesh Local Guides. I got many things from the community. The faces you are seeing are all stars that I got as a friend, as a brother, as a sister and obviously mentor. We all love to share our joys with each other and we each have a story to share. I am very much proud that I am a part of Google Local Guides family.<<>>This photo is from the 4th year celebrations of Bangladesh Local Guides. I got many things from the community. The faces you are seeing are all stars that I got as a friend, as a brother, as a sister and obviously mentor. We all love to share our joys with each other and we each have a story to share. I am very much proud that I am a part of Google Local Guides family.<<

• From several years I am staying at Dhaka, the capital of the country for my study purpose. But I love to travel a lot. Last year I have participated in South Asian Local Guides Meet-Up(Find the link below to learn more) held in India. Beside my study I love to meet new people, love to travel and I travel a lot for exploring new sites and ancient archeological structures. I am also a currency collector and I am collecting for more than 15 years. I used to spend my free time by reading books, right now I am reading The Unfinished Memoirs by Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and this is the first autobiography of Father of the Nation, his own writing.

>>I and other few Local Guides from Bangladesh joined South Asia Local Guides Meet-up last year. Photo of us and Local Guides from Nepal who also joined the Meet-up at Darjeeling. We took this photo at the Ghum railway station of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is the highest railway station in India. It is situated at an altitude of 2,258 meters. We all made a bonding of lifetime friendship.<<>>I and other few Local Guides from Bangladesh joined South Asia Local Guides Meet-up last year. Photo of us and Local Guides from Nepal who also joined the Meet-up at Darjeeling. We took this photo at the Ghum railway station of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is the highest railway station in India. It is situated at an altitude of 2,258 meters. We all made a bonding of lifetime friendship.<<

Why do I want to join the year's big event?

• There are thousands of reasons that I want to join the year's big event called Connect Live. I want to mention few of them. Well, Connect Live event will be a gathering of 150  Local Guides from all over the world. I want to meet those amazing Local Guides coming from the different part of the world who are doing an impactful contribution to the society as well as on Google Map. Meeting with them will be a great fun and learning for me. Therefore, I want to share my experience as a Local Guides with other Guides that I gathered for last four years. And the most important reason is to meet those rocking people who are giving their effort to run the Local Guides Program. And I don't want to miss the chance to represent my country internationally.

>>This is the photo of our 50th meet-up at the Fantasy Kingdom. Participants reached Dhaka for taking part in this meet-up. We really very happy by organizing such kinds of meet-up for Local Guides from around the country. All enjoyed a lot there and shared their joy with each other. We always believe in sharing and unity.<<>>This is the photo of our 50th meet-up at the Fantasy Kingdom. Participants reached Dhaka for taking part in this meet-up. We really very happy by organizing such kinds of meet-up for Local Guides from around the country. All enjoyed a lot there and shared their joy with each other. We always believe in sharing and unity.<<

Well, I can't add all the photo here at Connect board. You can just check my Photo Album filled with meet up photos.

Few links from my previous discussion on Connect.

Pahela Baishakh - Celebration of Heart  ||   10 Places You Must Visit in Dhaka  ||  Volunteer Day at Bangladesh

My visit to Shaṭ Gombuj Moshjid  ||  Bangladesh Local Guides 50th Meet Up  ||  Mannequin Challenge at 50th MeetUp

South Asia Local Guides Meetup  || And Many More

I very much thank full to all those persons who helped me a lot to come to this stage. Like @MahabubMunna brother and many more. Virtually I am learning from @SoniaK@KarenVChin@OSAMA@ErmesT and other Connect Moderators and Google Moderators. Thank You all.

Dear Local Guides friends, Hope you read this whole my story. I always love to share stories. If you have something to tell the world and don't miss the chance at all. Just share with the world. And don't forget to tag me up there. I love to read others story.

We all together can make this world a better place.

Thank You.

Sajol Kumar Das

Bangladesh

Bangladesh
57 comments
Level 8

Re: One Bangladeshi Local Guide's Journey!!

Dear @SajolKDas My warmest congratulations for your many achievements.Thanks for sharing your story and experience, love it! 

Level 8

@SajolKDas this is a great journey. 

I feel proud to work with you. You always guiding me as like a big brother.

Keep it up dada .

Level 8

wow..really amazing your work.

thanks for share your experience with us. go ahead bro..

Level 9

@SajolKDasthank you for giving details. relay i also proud to be a local guider. 

Md Polash Hossien

||
Connect Moderator

Fantastic post @SajolKDas! I, for one, enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing your Local Guides journey with us here in the Connect Community to read. @MahabubMunna @IlankovanT are great Local Guides role models to aspire to - they are my mentors too! = )

I wish you much luck in your Connect Live application.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Welcome @KarenVChin.

i am still in the level of learning. While @MahabubMunna vai always guiding me in real life. And i am helped by @IlankovanT’a post of various activities virtually.

Thank you again.

Sajol Kumar Das

Bangladesh

Level 8

Dear @bdmafuz thank you for your writing. I am very happy to see you here. 

And most welcome. 

Level 9

Great sharing @SajolKDas. Enjoying reading it. All the best

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 8

Thanks @MadanKPradhan.

You know remember your climbing to the hill at Darjeeling. That was awesome.