emuniruzaman's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Once upon a time in Turkey

Let me see the selfie pictureLet me see the selfie pictureAn evening moment inside the Caravanserai near Nevsehir - Turkey captured using my mobile in Jan 2018.

Caravanserai is old fashion rest area for merchant travelling in caravan in the era of Caravans trade.
Caravanserai was built every one-day travel distance (+/- 40km) along the trade route of the Seljuk empires.

Sultanhanı Belediyesi/Aksaray Merkez/Aksaray, Turkey
7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Once upon a time in Turkey

Hey @emuniruzaman,

Thanks for sharing the photo! The resting area does look very relaxing and the elevated arches are just beautiful. Did you perhaps combine your trip here with other activities in the area? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hi @AlexaAC

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, perhaps I should make the story about the trip a bit more. It was just one stop among a lot of place we visit when we have 1 week road trip across Turkey. 

Sounds good, thanks @emuniruzaman!

Awesome, I'll be on the lookout for your trip about Turkey. It's a beautiful country!  I've only visited Istanbul, so gathering more tips on Turkey would be great for future visits. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Thank you for sharing, @emuniruzaman. The photo is a pleasure to the eye. The 40 km per day construction is really impressive. How did they manage to organize it so fast?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Wow! Cuanta historia debe haber escrita en esas paredes 🙂

Hermosa foto @emuniruzaman  🙂

Level 9

Thank you @Avraham_Jurado 

Yes those walls is silent witness of many stories 😁

Level 9

I do not know exactly how fast the Seljuk built these rest/protection buildings. All I know (from my knowledgeable tour guide) these building was built along the trading routes. I guess 40 km distance between each of them just approximate.