JR_Curley's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Once a City Expert, now a Local Guide - what's next!

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Great story @JR_Curley I hope to meetup with you again in San Francisco this year. If I get to go I want to go to New York "on the way" to poke around a bit 🙂

Regards Paul

Thanks @PaulPavlinovich! Yup, it'd be a pleasure to meet up again in San Francisco. If you're ever in Los Angeles, def let me know. I'm always up to acting as a chauffeur+tour guide. 🙂

Level 8

Somehow I neglected to share my experience with the incredible @AYAKA that took place directly after Summit 17. We explored coffee shops in San Francisco! Sorry @AYAKA!!!

Connect Moderator

I've got friends in Pasadena @JR_Curley - been to LA quite a few times. I've been lucky enough to be behind the scenes at Mt Wilson observatory a couple of times and even managed to visit Jay Leno's car, engine and steam collection.

Regards Paul

Level 9

Bls: Once a City Expert, now a Local Guide - what's next!

good article and nice photo and information..thanks you very much..salam from indonesia

Level 10

@JR_Curley Excellent write-up.

Hope to see you next time @ L A

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

I've got friends in Pasadena @JR_Curley - been to LA quite a few times. I've been lucky enough to be behind the scenes at Mt Wilson observatory a couple of times and even managed to visit Jay Leno's car, engine and steam collection.

Regards Paul

Oh man, I'd love to see Jay Leno's collection - that thing is legendary! Pasadena is beautiful, I don't go there often since it's pretty far, but I taught a class at a school there for a semester and enjoyed the 'hood. 🙂

Level 8

Bls: Once a City Expert, now a Local Guide - what's next!

@Masbi wrote:

good article and nice photo and information..thanks you very much..salam from indonesia

Thank you @Masbi!!! 😄

Level 8

@Sudhi wrote:

@JR_Curley Excellent write-up.

@Hope to see you next time @ L A

Then next time you're in Los Angeles be sure to say hello @Sudhi!

Connect Moderator

@JR_Curley, you are one of the OGs of Local Guides (a la City Experts) that I know of!

There are not that many of you guys out there from that time and still here.  You should definitely dig up and show those "oldies, but goodies" How to be a Local Guides YouTube series you guys created.

I wish you much luck with you Connect Live application, and for you to be a 3peater!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Hi @JR_Curley It was a real pleasure meeting you! You were part of the magic of this first summit.

World is small and I still remember when I recognized you in a photoblog post : "But wait I know this guy! :D"

@U-royFelixA I really enjoyed meeting you too! You're this kind of guy we cannot forget! And what I see... you're level 10 now! Awesome!

Guys, know that my doors are open in Réunion island 😉