JR_Curley's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Once a City Expert, now a Local Guide - what's next!

Thanks @Shirley! It'll be great to see you again should we both get in! Your panel moderation was awesome. Will there be another this year? 😉

Level 8

Yes @StephenAbraham, hopefully spend more time together! With everything going on at the Summit (Connect Live), it can go by so quickly and you miss getting a chance to really talk to some people. 

Level 8

Happy to share @JosephDewey , and thanks for the kind words. See you there! 😄

Level 7

This is truly inspiring @JR_Curley. I wish you the best of luck, and I will definitely take you up on that offer if I'm ever in LA! 🙂

Level 10

@JR_Curley Wow! This is electrifying! After watching the videos and reading you post word by word, line by line and paragraph by paragraph, I’ve come to the conclusion that you and the others who were part of the city expert are the real Local Guides Legend. Thank you very much for sharing this; it’s so informational and inspiring too. 

I recall the very first #LGSummit16Cheers, in a single bus ride from the Prestigious Hyatt Regency to Mountain View, you gave me a mental tour of the United States of America, the foods and the people

Thank you, beloved brother. 

Level 10

@JR_Curley I’m here bro. You can say that again. 🤣🤣🤣

Level 8

Sound good @Anthony_LG! And congratulations (again!). 😄 😄 😄

Level 8

Thanks for the kind words @U-royFelixA!

That was a magical bus ride, and it's something special that being a Local Guides member, and attending the Summits (Connect Live) can bring. It was amazing to connect with you and realize that although we live in different continents, we had many overlapping experiences! To speak with you and to learn about your country was fantastic. Eagerly looking forward to the next time we get together!

I also recall meeting @CharlesThoquenne and after chatting for a while during the Local Guides SF exploration outing, realizing we'd both been in the Ivory Coast, to the same places, and we discovered several other connections. 

Things like these two examples are really incredible and ties into the value of "Connect", where ideas, questions, thoughts and experiences can be shared across the globe. 🙂 

Level 10

@JR_Curley Yea, you’re right. @CharlesThoquenne is one incredible individual. He’s still keeping in touch with till the date. 

Connect Moderator

That last line hits it right on the nail, @JR_Curley. That's what makes our program so universal and accessible by essentially everyone. LG can accommodate a number of passions, no matter who joins. Was great learning even more about you and your life as an Exp...Local Guide! 😂 Hope to see you again in October!

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall