Krm9041's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Oklahoma > Dubai > Cincinnati > SF Bay Area

Hi all! I'm Kendra and I'm beyond grateful for Google Maps and all the opportunities it has allowed me over the past several years. I actually didn't realize until recently there was such a large and complex Local Guides family, but I am so excited to be joining this diverse and adventurous group of people. It's easy to overlook what all of us have in common when you're seeing posts from people located all over the world with different cultures, religions, careers, and interests, but I think that one of the most important details that we all share is that we are all go-getters of adventure, community, and getting outside one's comfort zone. To open up to people on Connect, as well as share your personal opinions, thoughts, and photos for all to see online, is a step outside comfort that many aren't willing to open up and take. I feel like every review I read is a mini-interview with that local guide, and I not only can use that information to make decisions on what I do, but it also helps me see how others view experiences and interactions. I have been quite surprised to find that there are very few meet-ups in the Bay Area, so if I have the amazing opportunity to attend the Local Guide Summit, I hope I can use the time to help build ways to bring in more "reviewer only" local guides to the in-person meet-up and overall community. 

San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
1 comment
Level 8

Re: Oklahoma > Dubai > Cincinnati > SF Bay Area

@Krm9041 good luck on your application! Next time you're in Los Angeles be sure to say hi!