ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

November 24 is .. Wine Meet-up II, International edition

After the exciting experience of 2017, this year we want to move Wine Meet-up to an highest level: we are becoming “International”

Caption - Prosecco's glasses filled during wine meet-up 2017 - TrevisoCaption - Prosecco's glasses filled during wine meet-up 2017 - Treviso

What does international mean? We are giving a double meaning to this word:

• International, because a lot of Local Guides from all Europe will join us. I know that some of them have already booked a flight. Last year it was international too, as Alejandra was coming from Spain, but this year you will have really the opportunity to see a lot of Top Local Guides reaching Treviso for the event
  • International because, if you cannot reach us in Treviso, we are inviting you to join us virtually, organising your own Wine Meet-up

What is Wine Meet-up?

Wine Meet-up is a Food Crawl Meet-up, for exploring in deep the world of wine. Wine is not simply a beverage. Wine is an expression of culture and tradition, a research of perfection through centuries of experience. During the meet-up we will explore all the farm, from the vineyards to the cellars, learning how the wine is obtained, from the wine plant to the bottle.

At the end we will have a “wine tasting”, with a sommelier that will guide us in exploring flavors aromas of different wines

Caption: Local Guides during the first edition of Wine meet-upCaption: Local Guides during the first edition of Wine meet-up

Exploring the territory is very important, if you want to learn about wine production.

Grape cultivation is much more than plant a vine in the ground. Soil, sun, eight, humidity of the area, are factors that can dramatically change taste and production. We will learn a lot about this. During the preliminary Geo-walk, we will move from the Piave river, where we had the 2017 Meet-up, to the hills. We will see how the wine production is changing, from a high grade red (Raboso), to a white sparkling (Prosecco) wine, simply moving for a few kilometers.

In the preliminary Geo-walk we will explore the territory of the First World War, that ended in Italy on November 3, 1918. It will be a great opportunity to celebrate the event

Caption: vineyards in winter, with the Alps in the backgroundCaption: vineyards in winter, with the Alps in the background

Topic of the year will be Prosecco, a very well known white sparkling wine. We will visit Villa Sandi, a very scenic Palladian Villa, exploring the villa, the underground cellar (one and a half km on two floors) and tasting wine.

After the visit, we will go for dinner, exploring the classic food of the area.

Caption: Villa Sandi, the location of the meet-up - Photo from "Villa Sandi website"Caption: Villa Sandi, the location of the meet-up - Photo from "Villa Sandi website"

Dietary needs: If you want to attend, and you have some dietary needs, please let us know

Optional: If you want to stay longer, on Sunday 25 we are organising a Photo-walk Meet-up in Treviso, for exploring the Medieval town.

Accommodation: depending of the number of attendees, we will decide if stay in hotel or in some B&B. We are already contacting various hotels in the area for getting a good price for you for the Wine Meet-up. Information about this will be shared privately to the Local Guides that want to attend. More information will follow.

Wants to know more? Here you will find the links to the last year, and something more about wine. Have a fun

Want to organise your own Wine Meet-up? Please post your link in a reply here.

Need help? please ask in this post.

Waiting for you

Ermes

Treviso, TV, Italia
17 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: November 24 is .. Wine Meet-up II, International edition

@ErmesT, for this post I did wait!

🇩🇪 Will come for sure. Looking forward to meet a lot of local guides from Italy 🇮🇹 and Europe!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 10

Rif.: November 24 is .. Wine Meet-up II, International edition

Difficult decision to take dear @ErmesT .... photowalk or wine meet-up?

I have to reconcile the commitments with my family .... I'll be able to tell you as soon as possible which date I choose !!!

(I hope that with many other LocalGuides!!!) 

Bye,

David

Level 9

Bls: November 24 is .. Wine Meet-up II, International edition

Wow.. terima kasih @ErmesT sudah berbagi informasi tentang rencana meet up yang sangat bagus, inovatif dan edukatif. Saya sangat mendukung meet up ini karena acara yang bersifat study tentang bagaimana cara menanam dan memproduksi anggur buat makanan dan minuman. Salam dan sukses rencana meet up besar ini. 🙏

Lera76
Level 9

Bls: November 24 is .. Wine Meet-up II, International edition

Wow.. terima kasih @ErmesT sudah berbagi informasi rencana meet up yang sangat bagus, inovatif dan edukatif. Saya sangat mendukung meet up ini karena acara yang bersifat study tentang bagaimana cara menanam dan memproduksi anggur buat makanan dan minuman. Salam dan sukses rencana meet up besar ini. 🙏

Lera76
Level 9

Hi @ErmesT,

I want to know more abouth  Raboso, Prosseco, Villa Sandi and Treviso!!!

I am IN :))))

It´s fantastic @TorM, we will meet soon :)))

Good Evening from the South of Spain,

ALejandra.

Connect Moderator

🇮🇹 🇪🇸....

Oh, than I hope we will have as well participants with less temperament, otherwise I will be lost... 😉🍾 💃 

Really looking forward to meet you @AlejandraMaria!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 9

Jajajajaja @TorM!

There is going to be a lot of temperamental LGs :)))) Italy and Spain is South of Europe 😉. Plus others as @NatalkaR ...

I am very happy to see you  ready to dance 💃 💃 💃 💃 and learn about🍾 and to have an incredible time.

We all will give our best in the next edition of the Wine Meet-up :)))))))

It is going to be superb:)))))

Good Evening from the South of Spain,

ALejandra.

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

Rif.: November 24 is .. Wine Meet-up II, International edition

Hi @davidhyno

Great to know that you will be in.

Take your time, as (coming from Vicenza) you don't need a place to stay.

Option 3: Bring your family with you. It will be a great moment of friendship, and you will be able to show them some of the people that you will meet in San Francisco soon (Yes, very soon, I can' wait)

@DeniGu, we are running already, even if before to post the Official Meet-ups we will wait to know how many people will come, so to arrange in the best way the accommodation (even if some people already booked a room) like @davide7O

Ermes