Monabber's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Not Applied

Recently I added some places or edit some places. But those are not applied. I want to know what happened with those? How can I solve this problem. Added places are those where I live in or I have visited. Please help me.

7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Not Applied

Hi @Monabber

Welcome to Local Guides and Local Guides Connect!

I understand that your Edits are Not Applied on Google Maps.

Please refer Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied? for more information.

hope this helps you.

Thank you.

Happy Mapping and Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hi @Monabber

Welcome to Local Guides and Local Guides Connect!

I understand that your Edits are Not Applied on Google Maps.

Please refer Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied? for more information.

hope this helps you.

Thank you.

Happy Mapping and Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 9

Hello @Monabber

A very warm welcome to connect & thanks for reaching here for a solution 🙂

In my personal case, I have get approval of adding a new place or edits even after several months, that's a norm for edits to take that much longer time, I personally know local guides who gets approval even after a year long time. If you wish to know the mechanism behind, please read this post as mentioned by @iDepp too.

Also, you have to keep an eye in your contributions section, if it says 'pending'  you have to just wait patiently & if it says 'not applied' about your edit, you may try adding it another time, by providing much detailed information about the place. Such as website address, phone number, opening hours. 

I know it hurts when you see your edits go to pending or not applied status. But, believe me this is the reason, where your happiness of getting approved edits, will become double 😉 

Hope I manage to answer your question, feel free to ask any further clarifications 🙂

Best Regards

Level 8

Hello, @Monabber

This is a phenomenon that happens all the time to everybody. The reason is it's an integral part of the system that does a lot automatically and requires huge amount of A/B testing. As a result, even totally sane edits don't get applied from time to time.

Nobody knows the algoritm in detail and that's good, because then the system can't be hacked. There are however known factors that can help you with your future contributions. What helps is:

• Rank up: Getting higher level will make you more trustworthy
  • Providing detailed information (photos)
  • Using cell phone when on the spot

Best of luck and keep up the good work!

Level 8

Thank you. Now it feels good to me.

Level 8

Thank you.

Level 8

Thank You

Level 7

I have exactly the same problem and even though I add all the detail, including a link to the website which confirms the details, new place created is Not applied.