Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

No commentary function under the reviews

Sometimes it is so annoying. 

Ok Situation: 

You are in a group of regulars from a special (for example) Restaurant. You know the owner and the staff etc. 

And then you read something terrible wrong in a review from a nother user.

AND YOU CANT MAKE A COMMENT UNDER THIS REVIEW. 

Ok my Situation: 

I am a regular guest in my Favorite Restaurant. And one day (a lot of guests came in in a short time period) the waiter said to everyone new that it could take 30-45 minutes at least to get the meal. 

He saidf that to every new Guest at the entry, before they even sat down. (because my favorite table is at the door) 

2 Guests came in and after 20 minutes they are complaining. The waiter was nice and everything. The Customers got really loud that everybody in the room could hear them. After they got the meal it was even worst. 

The guest, not only shouted at the waiter, he insulted him. The Waiter said, that he told them about the waiting time and apologized. The guest said That he should look for another job if he has no idea about his current job. He also insulted the owners that they can not run a business at such an age (young owner). He said that the owner (female) should rather open a nail salon as a woman. After that, the waiter said, perfectly right in my opinion,  he will not accept such insults any more. And brought them the bill. 

A couple of days later I read the reviwe from this Guest. 

He said that everything was worst. Nobody told them about the waiting time and that the waiter was very rough and "throw" them out of the Restaurant. 

And I cant answer to this Review. This review is a lie and I heard everything but I cant do anything for my favorite Restaurant. 

And thats make me very Angry. 

2 comments
Level 9

Re: No commentary function under the reviews

@Anonymous  Unfortunately that is the problem with the restaurant business. I had a similar thing happen. We sat had a great meal and service and people we happened to know were one table over and they felt it was terrible and slow. The only thing the owner can do is a brief polite response to the negative review.  The response is the owners chance to show his way of dealing with problems and concern for customers.  There is a little bit of an art to it.   Then they should consistently ask happy customers to do reviews on them so that one bad review is not so prominent.   It will bring the averages up. Dealing with the public is hard and some just can not be satisfied especially if they had been partying before they got there.  You're letting the owner know how to handle it is the best action. Battling reviews can just start he said she said kind of war that can escalate. I agree it would be great if you could directly refute it, but there is no vehicle to do it and it could go the wrong way. 

Level 9

Re: No commentary function under the reviews

Hello @Anonymous @davidcox

Actually, Reply to Review option is available in Google My Business. 

To respond to reviews left by Google users, first we need to verify our business with Google. 

After Verification, follow the steps below:

1. Sign in to Google My Business
  2. Click Reviews from the menu.
  3. Click Respond to respond to a customer review.
  4. Write a response and click Submit.

Hope this helps 🙂

Regards,

Melbin