Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

No Uploaded Photos are Appearing on Google Maps' Listings

Yesterday, the general process of uploading photos from my phone were fine and dandy. The photos would attach themselves to the listing and they would be made immediately public. Today, I uploaded eighteen different photos and virtually none of them have attached to the listing. I was told that it was because my photos were low quality and were all rejected for not passing the Publishing acceptance criteria. Uploading photos have never been a problem for the last year or so except for the odd photo now and then, but when Google Maps decides to block all my contributions from reaching public view? Because its low quality? It's fake or apparently rehashed content?

Caption: The eighteen photos that may never see the light of day.Caption: The eighteen photos that may never see the light of day.

I put so much effort into taking these photos and using my own resources to upload it, and although your new privacy policy says that it is free to do whatever you want to it, at least let it be visible to the public and represent these listings! None of them appear in any of the galleries, and it's all my uploads for the day. Please allow these photos to be made public, because I can not do anything to bring them online, since re-uploading doesn't work anymore (since they back up automatically) and editing them will end up resulting in a duplicate photo. 😞

P.S. If I click my own contributions link I can see all these photos, but while signed out I cannot. I don't want to be the only one to see my photos, that defeats the purpose of contributions if the only person who can see your contributions is yourself. Be the judge and tell me if you think my content is low quality.

2 comments
Level 10

Re: No Uploaded Photos are Appearing on Google Maps' Listings

Overnight update:

The photos are extremely slowly trickling down to acceptance, but none of them are reaching the cover photo stage. I take pride in my photos, but to be slid in underneath as a poor performing photo at the end of the gallery is not acceptable.

Why change something that isn't broken? This occurred when you published the new privacy policy. Maybe some photos look similar to each other, but do you really want a different restaurant to represent your listing? Or a picture of one of the staff members?

Respect your guides instead of throwing them to the side like they're worthless.

Level 10

Re: No Uploaded Photos are Appearing on Google Maps' Listings

In a very slow manner, most of the photos have ended up going public. But the last few days were an oddity, because they interrupted the flow of uploads and recognition from the AI.

I understand how photospheres might end up being classified as 'Maps Rejected', but I really would like to see the scramblings or an indication of when normal photos are rejected for no reason. To be an idea written eventually, but right now this is okay. I just don't like seeing this happen because of the work I put towards my contributions for others to see.