Snixells's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

No Points for pictures

Hi there, 

since a few days I have the problem that I upload pictures but don't get points for them. They also don't show up on Google Maps...

Google didn't tell me why the pictures aren't published or why I don't get points for them.

I hope you will be able to help me.

Thanks in advance.

8 comments
Level 10

Re: No Points for pictures

@Snixells

Hello, thanks for the post.

Photos will publish on the map after approval then after points will be awarded. It can take up to 48 hours for the points to be upgraded to new mark.

You can check your photos from 'Google Photos' section inside drive.google.com/drive/. Please check once and reply us whether the photos are present there or not

Level 5

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

@Snixells

Hello, thanks for the post.

Photos will publish on the map after approval then after points will be awarded. It can take up to 48 hours for the points to be upgraded to new mark.

You can check your photos from 'Google Photos' section inside drive.google.com/drive/. Please check once and reply us whether the photos are present there or not

Thanks for your fast reply.

The Photos all show up on Google Drive.

I uploaded them 3 days ago...

Also, I don't know whether that helps, but it's kind of related... The View Counter which adds all together doesn't work anymore. It does not update and I have 1 picture with 3714 views, but the counter, which adds them all together still says 3613.

Thanks for your answer again. Looking forward to a new one!

Level 5

@BishowvijayaP I uploaded some more pictures but still the older ones and the new ones don't show up on google maps although they are saved online and I can view them in the my contributions tab...

Level 10

@Snixells, for your help I am tagging the moderator @MariaBi here. 🙂

Level 5

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

@Snixells, for your help I am tagging the moderator @MariaBi here. 🙂

Thanks!

Level 9

Mabe there is a problem with the internet, and the pictures don't downloaded . Sorry for my English 

Connect Moderator

Hi @Snixells

Images and all contributions must adhere to Google Maps' policies. Sometimes, Local Guides may see that their points have been removed because the content they have contributed violates the policies. Sometimes, points also do fluctuate, though generally return to normal within a week. You will generally be granted points within 24 to 48 hours of contributing.

If you're sure that your contributions haven't violated any policies and your points haven't returned to normal over the course of a few days, please PM a link to your Maps Your Contributions page and I will give you an opinion (note I am not a Googler and do not decide these things) on your content privately.

Regards
Paul

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Snixells,

I wanted to follow up with you here to see if the issue of your photos resolved on its own? There were some migration adjustments to the SV platform in recent weeks so its possible that the photos were missing but resolved automatically with some time.

If the pictures aren't back, it would be helpful to have more information so this could be debugged. You mentioned new photos not showing up in Google Maps but having representation on your Contributions tab. If you have any screenshots or photo links you could share, we can investigate the issue with more clarity. Thanks!

I am not available to respond on the weekend