EmekaUlor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Nigeria Enacts Disability Law: Accessible Nigeria

Nigeria's President today signed the disability bill thereby enacting a law to make the country inclusive.

Caption: Nigeria Local Guides Accessible Nigeria Project logo designed in 2017Caption: Nigeria Local Guides Accessible Nigeria Project logo designed in 2017 With this law, there's a prohibition against disability discrimination of any form. Fines and penalties are clearly stipulated.

For us, the most importantly thing  is the provision of accessibility in all buildings and facilities. Failure to do this attracts fines from N100,000 daily. Old buildings have a moratorium of five years to comply completely.

So, our job at #OneAccessibility has taken a more serious outlook with the aim of achieving accessibility by 2024.

Congratulations. We look forward to an Accessible Nigeria by 2024! 

@TraciC @Jesi @KashifMisidia @ChinonsoOnukwugha @PennyChristie @Kwiksatik @MarineSergent

Here is the full Document

Lagos, Nigeria
11 comments
Level 7

Re: Nigeria Enacts Disability Law: Accessible Nigeria

This is awesome and a progressive movement. Thanks for sharing Emeka

Former Google Contributor

Congratulations, Nigeria! There should be concerts celebrating such this innovation. That will help so many people to feel included. Thank you for the dedication and sharing once again, @EmekaUlor.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Googler

This is such a wonderful movement forward, @EmekaUlor, and I'm glad you could share the news with all of us. I look forward to seeing Nigerian residents becoming more and more mobile thanks to these accommodations for all.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

This is amazing news @EmekaUlor, thank you! 

Accessibility for all is so very important. Thanks to Local Guides Nigeria, we can now look forward to the progress of a more accessible Nigeria. Well done on all your efforts, this is big! 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

@IrrPavlova there are celebrations across the country. The news is receiving lots of media attention too.

@AlexaAC we look forward to a more inclusive future.

@ChinonsoOnukwugha thank you!

Level 8

Congrats! This is a great achievement!!!

Such an amazing achievement @EmekaUlor. Congratulations and good luck to Nigeria.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Connect Moderator

I am so excited and so proud to see the amazing things happening in your country, and your impact on the lives of people of all abilities there! Wonderful, life-changing work @EmekaUlor!@

Level 6

Finally, this is an awesome initiative. It can only get better daily for Nigeria. Thanks for sharing @EmekaUlor 

Mary Job