Sagir's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Nigeria 58th Independence Anniversary

Source: internetSource: internet

It was on the 1st of October 1960 that British colonial masters gave Nigeria it's independence.

Google Doodle of today

Every year Nigerians celebrate this date and today is not exception...

Nigeria is the most populous African nation with lots of natural resources more than any country in Africa. 

There are more than 300 ethnic groups in Nigeria and more than 500 dialects. The most popular ethnic groups are Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba from North, Southeast and Southwest respectively.The 3 most prominent leaders from the 3 regions. Left: Awolowo (Yoruba) middle: Sardauna (Hausa) right:  Azikiwe (Igbo)The 3 most prominent leaders from the 3 regions. Left: Awolowo (Yoruba) middle: Sardauna (Hausa) right: Azikiwe (Igbo)

In the olden days Nigeria's economy rely solely on Agriculture but with the discovery of oil agriculture was abandoned by about 60% to 70%

Nigeria is a center of tourism with many natural and heritage places to visit like Gurara water falls, Zuma rock, Obudu cattle ranch, Ife dynasty, Olumo rock, Idanre hills and lots more.

Also there are natural game reserves like Yankari game reserve, Oyo game reserve, Kaiji game reserve and lots more.

I'm inviting you to come and have experience of a life time in Nigeria..

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Nigeria
12 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Nigeria 58th Independence Anniversary

Happy independence @SanyaOdare @U-royFelixA @HelloSamsonR @EmekaUlor @AnitaAO @Lelekena @AustinCO @MrLabule @Specobelle 

Level 9

Thanks for the post @Sagir our dear country Nigeria is really great indeed and our people's persistence on good governance and reach for knowledge to challenge the polity into a constructive ideal devoid of rancour and greed will surely help us become the beacon of faith, hope and resilience. Happy Independence.

Level 8

We are so rich in culture... 

Even our history is waow.. .

I wish we had leaders that really appreciate our past and how we got this independence and promote our culture... 

Level 10

Happy Independence Day, Nigeria!

Thanks for sharing about this important celebration @Sagir. Local Guides from your country are very active and always contribute in such a positive way to the community.

Best wishes

Valeria

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Connect Moderator

@Sagir I wish a happy independence day to you and every Nigerian Local Guide!

Thank you for sharing this day, and more about Nigeria, with us.

Level 10

Awwww @Sagir This is lovely. Thank you very much. Naija is 58 today. 

Level 9

Happy 58th independence celebration to Nigeria, Nigerians and all lovers of Nigeria.

Thank you for sharing @Sagir.

Cheers!

A-Beta
Connect Moderator

Thanks for your kind words @Specobelle @@ValeriaA_ @Jesi @U-royFelixA @AnitaAO @AguerO

Kind regards

Sagir

Level 9

My Naija Avatar FaceMy Naija Avatar Face

Happy Independence Nigeria. Thank you @Sagir for the tag.

Nigeria