BelAmi_Paris's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Next meet-up

Hi there, 

Is there any possible way to know where the next meet-up is held in Paris, France..? When I use the calendar, i can only visualize a specific date; but not that useful, since i m not gonna go through the whole year... maybe i did something wrong?

Vous pouvez écrire en français..

cheers,

Paris, France
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Next meet-up

Welcome to our Local Guides Community @BelAmi_Paris

A good place to start is here. And yes, you guessed right, this community has different sections that are focussing on certain areas or aspects. The Feedback & Feature Request forum can be found here. Had you not noticed you already started this thread in the Feedback forum?

Posts can be moved by Connect Moderators and Googlers. You can find out who they are here, which also tells you how to tag them. It is simple, use the @ sign and type their screen-name, as I did with your name here @BelAmi_Paris.

Just for clarification, Googlers are people that work for Google, The Local Guide Team (Google Moderators) are staff members working on our Local Guides Program. Connect Moderators, on the other hand, are volunteer Local Guides that have been invited to fulfill the role of community moderator.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions and good to know we have at least one serious Local Guide in Paris 😉

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @BelAmi_Paris,

Yes, I believe you are right, the meet-up page is not very helpful if you wish to search for meetings for your location without the calendar filter.

In theory, when you have your home location set to Paris, France, your home page on Connect should show you post related to your location, including posts related to meet-ups. 

The search function of Local Guides is not great, so my tip is to use Google (much better search engine) to search for "Local Guides Meetup Paris, France". Strangely enough, not much seems to pop-up so I am wondering about activities in Paris.

My next tip would be to join the local unofficial LG community. I found this one. I am very surprised though, that his large LG community is not listed on the official supported (unofficial) LG Communities list. It is a great way to engage with fellow LGs in your area and find out when they plan to meet-up.

Your post is more at home at the Meet-Up section of Connect, perhaps a moderator can move your post to this forum

Level 7

Hello JeroenM,

Thank you for your email and the information!

Actually, I discovered yesterday this website and I am not really familiar with its functions. I don't know how to move my post to a forum, neither how inform a moderator.

I have checked this community, which very interesting but i think they are mostly interested on sharing their own photos... I would say that this community is mostly "Friend of Paris" that "Paris LGs"....

By the way, do you know how can i suggest improvements to moderators..? is there any forum/email for providing feedback..?

Thanks!

Level 8
Solution

Welcome to our Local Guides Community @BelAmi_Paris

A good place to start is here. And yes, you guessed right, this community has different sections that are focussing on certain areas or aspects. The Feedback & Feature Request forum can be found here. Had you not noticed you already started this thread in the Feedback forum?

Posts can be moved by Connect Moderators and Googlers. You can find out who they are here, which also tells you how to tag them. It is simple, use the @ sign and type their screen-name, as I did with your name here @BelAmi_Paris.

Just for clarification, Googlers are people that work for Google, The Local Guide Team (Google Moderators) are staff members working on our Local Guides Program. Connect Moderators, on the other hand, are volunteer Local Guides that have been invited to fulfill the role of community moderator.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions and good to know we have at least one serious Local Guide in Paris 😉

Level 7

Thanks for your response!

I have checked that there is no official Local Guide community in Paris... I have tried to create one, but how do i connect it to the official community?

Is there any Googler that can help me with this issue?

thanks

Level 8

@BelAmi_Paris

You can find most information that you need to know, as a starting community moderator, here and here.

Best wishes, JeroenM