RadDevDad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Newbie question

This is an extremely newbie question but I can't figure out how to reply to a discussion without it being a direct response to a comment on a discussion. I can see the "start a discussion" on the top right and I can see the reply button next to each comment but I can't find anything that lets me leave a simple response that isn't a reply to a comment.

Any help would be appreciated, I did a search and looked through the help desk and nothing. It shouldn't be this hard for someone to find where to leave a response.

4 comments
Level 9

Re: Newbie question

Hi @RadDevDad,

You mean there are all reply options with each reply and you want it separate from others? You need a reply button from all available button on a thread? 

Let me know if I'm wrong/right.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

The reply button on the side of each post, actually, replies to the entire discussion.

Only if you press "quote", after reply, will refer to a single post.

Don't worry, there are no noob questions, only new things to learn 😉

Level 6

Yes! When you press reply on a comment it gives the impression you're responding (quoting) that comment.

Level 6

@LucioV wrote:

The reply button on the side of each post, actually, replies to the entire discussion.

Only if you press "quote", after reply, will refer to a single post.

Don't worry, there are no noob questions, only new things to learn 😉

Ohhhh now I see how it works! You actually have to press quote in the text editor for it to be a quote! The more you know, thank you for the help 🙂