BruceDM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

New perk: free digital access to a local newspaper

Local Guides in Baltimore, Chicago, Miami, and Orlando can get an 8-week digital subscription to their local newspaper.

SOCIAL_TRONC (1).gif

There’s a new perk for Local Guides in 4 U.S. metro areas: 8 weeks of Unlimited Digital Access to The Baltimore Sun, the Chicago Tribune, the Orlando Sentinel, or the Sun Sentinel.

Local Guides in Baltimore-D.C. area, as well as Chicago, Orlando, and Miami can stay up to date with local and national news, plus breaking news alerts on each publication’s mobile app. If you’re in one of these metro areas, check your email for details.

Already a subscriber to one of these papers? You can give this free subscription to someone else, or save 25% on regular-priced books in the publication’s online store. Just log in with the link in your email.

How does it work?

• Check your email if you qualify for this perk
  • Follow the instructions to sign up
  • Activate your subscription by May 10

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to make a purchase or enter my credit or debit card information to redeem this perk?

No. This perk is 100% free. You don’t need to enter credit or debit card information to redeem.

I just signed up for Local Guides. Will I receive this perk?

You will receive this perk if you signed up for Local Guides before April 8, 2018, opted into perk emails, and live in one of the four markets that are receiving this Perk in the United States (Miami, Orlando, Chicago, Baltimore/D.C.). To see where you are signed up for Local Guides or to update your email preferences, visit your settings. If you should have received this perk and can’t find your email, please check your spam and promotions folders.

What levels are eligible for this perk?

This perk is available for all Local Guides in Miami, Orlando, Chicago and Baltimore/D.C., Levels 1-10.

When is the deadline to redeem this perk?

May 10, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST.

I missed the deadline to redeem this perk. Can I get an extension or a new sign-up link?

No. We cannot provide an extension or a new sign-up link past the expiration date.

Can I use this promotional offer with other promotions or discount offers?

No. The coupon cannot be combined with any other promotions or discount offers and you are unable to add the 8 week promotion onto an existing subscription.

Can I redeem this perk for cash?

No. This perk has no cash value. If you received this perk, you may give your offer code to a friend or family member but you may not sell or exchange the perk for money.

I received an email for this perk, but I’m having trouble redeeming the offer. Who can help?

Please contact your local newspaper at one of the phone numbers below.

Baltimore Sun: 443-692-9011
Chicago Tribune: 312-546-7900
Orlando Sentinel: 407-420-5353
Sun Sentinel: 954-375-2018

I’m already a subscriber, am I eligible for something else?

If you qualify for this perk and already subscribe to your local market’s paper, you can give your free subscription to someone else by forwarding them your email. Or, you can save 25% on regular-priced books from your local paper’s online store. Check your email for more details.

Will this perk be available to Local Guides who sign up in the future?

This is a one-time perk.

I didn't qualify for this perk. When will you offer one for me?

The Local Guides program is constantly evolving. Perks may be offered from time to time. If you have a suggested partner, or a perk you would like to see offered in your area, we welcome your feedback in the comments below. Please also be sure that your email preferences have perks emails enabled by visiting Local Guides home.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
4 comments
Level 9

Re: New perk: free digital access to a local newspaper

Hey @BruceDM,

Thanks for sharing the perk.

Regards

Ravindranath Sawane

India
Level 6

While, I appreciate the intent here, this is a pretty pathetic perk.

Yearly subscription? OK, maybe.
NY Times? Compelling.

I've got to be honest: until you bring back the Google Drive perk, or something of similar value. I don't really see myself supporting this platform again.

Level 10

Great news for U.S but I'm not here 🤨. Best of Luck U.S people.

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Level 8

Whatever news comes only about USA and developed countries.So sad no offers for countries like Nepal.However Congrats and Enjoy.

id="224847i4CE38329FBA4CFBA"
size="small" resized="true" sourcetype="new">