AGarner's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Re: New perk: free access to the New York Times

Hello,

Thank you for reminding me of the first perk, which is a 3-month free access to digital New York Times. As a news junkie, I cannot have enough of reliable news outlets. However, for decades I managed to get news from various sources for free. Therefore, I do not need any special offer to access the news I need to know. I thought that your perk system is based on offering the contributor a list of items from which he/she can choose and not only one thing that you impose on them. If your perk system only works this way I will stop contributing to Local Guides or any other Google activities since it is a complete waste of time and effort. I am looking forward to hearing from you with positive response. Thank you for your time.

Al

Level 4

I already have a subscription to the New York Times.

When I sent a message to <REDACTED>, I get back an automated reply which does nothing to describe how to deal with the NYT perk if you already are an NYT subscriber.

Pretty lame.

Level 9

I asked for, and never received, the info for what to do if a subscriber. The only email that I got from GLG regarding this perk following my inquiry as to what to do when already a subscriber was for the crossword, which I did not want.

Just now, I tried the link to subscribe to The NY Times via the kind reminder email that was sent today, and got an error message from NYT...

Thank you !

Capture d’écran 2017-12-06 à 18.08.05.png

Level 5

NYT access, I'm sure some will enjoy. Not a perk to me. 99% leftist propaganda. Since local guides are all about opinions and options - see if you can line up a perk that leans right.

Level 3

Re: New perk: free access to the New York Times -- I am a subscriber already

Can I still get this perk if I’m already a New York Times subscriber?

If you received this perk and already subscribe to The New York Timessend us a message from the email address associated with your New York Times account. We’ll respond with details.

You can also give your perk to a friend or family member (though you may not sell or exchange the perk for money). Simply forward your perk email and ask the recipient to follow the redemption steps.

PLEASE ADVISE!

Randi Mezzy

<REDACTED>

Level 3

I already subscribe to the New York Times.  

Level 1

Google, Thanks for Perks, However this has to be the most worthless perk ever. New York Times is full of very fake news Journalist from the top of the food chain now.  They are losing subscribers so bad this is probably why they are offering this to try to get people back. I will take a different perk please and thank you.

Level 4

Sent in "already subscribed to NYT" email and got an immediate response - a generic FAQ that doesn't appear to have anything to do with the perk.

Level 5

Hello, I am having some trouble accessing this perk. 

I followed the instructions on the web browser to redeem my access, and used the "Log in with Google" option on the web. It appears by doing this I linked my Google account to a NYT account and the 2 months crossword access has been added to that account.

This is fine on the web, however I would like to use the crossword app on my iPhone, and there is no option on the app to log in with Google. There is only an option to log in with email and password and I have never created a password for NYT because I was using my google login. So, I tried to "create account" using my gmail but received a message that account creation failed.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and figured out a way to resolve it? Thanks for any help. 

Level 5

I am having the same problem. Going around in circles.