AGarner's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: New perk: free access to the New York Times

@AGarner This is super cool. My brothers in US, UK, CANADA and AUSTRALIA, rock it well, it's your turn 🙂

Level 6

It was asked me about code for access digital. I don't have any code!

@AGarner wrote:

Local Guides in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and the U.K. can get a new perk: free digital access to The New York Times.

digital-access.gif

We’ve teamed up with The New York Times to offer a new perk. With free access to NYTimes.com, you'll get coverage of world events, culture, food, travel, and more. If you’re a Local Guide in the U.S., Canada, Australia, or the U.K., check your email for details.

Already a Times subscriber? No problem, here’s what to do to.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to make a purchase or enter my credit or debit card information to redeem this perk?

This perk is 100% free. You don’t need to enter credit or debit card information to redeem.

I just signed up for Local Guides. Will I receive this perk?

You will receive this perk if you signed up for Local Guides before September 12, 2017, opted into perk emails, and live in the U.S., Canada, Australia, or the U.K. To see where you are signed up for Local Guides or to update your email preferences, visit your settings. If you should have received this perk and can’t find your email, please check your spam and promotions folders.

I just reached Level 5. Will I receive the Crossword bonus perk?

This Crossword bonus perk is only available to Local Guides in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and the U.K. who reached Level 5 before September 12, 2017.  

When is the deadline to redeem this perk?

December 12, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST.

I missed the deadline to redeem this perk. Can I get an extension or a new sign-up link?

We cannot provide an extension or a new sign-up link.

Can I use the coupon with other promotions or discount offers?

The coupon cannot be combined with any other promotions or discount offers.

Can I redeem this perk for cash?

This perk has no cash value. If you received this perk, you may give your offer code to a friend or family member but you may not sell or exchange the perk for money.

I received an email for this perk, but I’m having trouble redeeming the offer. Who can help?

Please contact help@nytimes.com or call 1-800-591-9233.

I didn't qualify for this perk. When will you offer one for me?

The Local Guides program is constantly evolving. Perks may be offered from time to time. If you have a suggested partner, or a perk you would like to see offered in your area, we welcome your feedback in the comments below. Please also be sure that your email preferences have perks emails enabled by visiting Local Guides home.

IMG_9934.PNG

Level 5

I already subscribe <REDACTED>

Joe

Level 7

Hmm.. I hope there will be something for the european local guides as well. I mean... I would read the NYT 😄

Thanks for implementing more perks! 🙂

Regards

JLIspace
Level 5

I will sign up for this and give it a try. I occasionally read NYT articles... and rarely run into their non-subscriber limit.

For the people complaining about this perk, I guess I can only suggest to Google that they need to set up some way to better target notifications to Local Guides of new perks, probably geographically, so that people for whom the perk is not relevant don't get irritated from seeing it. The email notification needs to be geo targeted and maybe there needs to be a perks forum with geographic subforums or something like that. Not all perks would be geographically-based, but probably most.

Level 8

Hello @AGarner

AGarner escribió:

Local Guides in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and the U.K. can get a new perk: free digital access to The New York Times.

digital-access.gif

We’ve teamed up with The New York Times to offer a new perk. With free access to NYTimes.com, you'll get coverage of world events, culture, food, travel, and more. If you’re a Local Guide in the U.S., Canada, Australia, or the U.K., check your email for details.

Do I have to make a purchase or enter my credit or debit card information to redeem this perk?

This perk is 100% free. You don’t need to enter credit or debit card information to redeem.

You will receive this perk if you signed up for Local Guides before September 12, 2017, opted into perk emails, and live in the U.S., Canada, Australia, or the U.K. To see where you are signed up for Local Guides or to update your email preferences, visit your settings. If you should have received this perk and can’t find your email, please check your spam and promotions folders.

This Crossword bonus perk is only available to Local Guides in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and the U.K. who reached Level 5 before September 12, 2017.  

I missed the deadline to redeem this perk. Can I get an extension or a new sign-up link?

This perk has no cash value. If you received this perk, you may give your offer code to a friend or family member but you may not sell or exchange the perk for money.

I received an email for this perk, but I’m having trouble redeeming the offer. Who can help?

The Local Guides program is constantly evolving. Perks may be offered from time to time. If you have a suggested partner, or a perk you would like to see offered in your area, we welcome your feedback in the comments below. Please also be sure that your email preferences have perks emails enabled by visiting Local Guides home.

AGarner escribió:

digital-access.gif

@AGarnerWhat about Local Guiders in Argentina, Southamerica ? Thank you!
Regards,

Mariano

Level 7

So, I followed the instructions for Local Guides who already subscribe to the New York Times and sent an email to the linked address.

What I received was an automated email directing me to an FAQ page which had nothing to do with this perk.

Now what?

Ciao for now!

Mike

Level 1

@scottish_bloke wrote:

A lot of use this is to us in the UK eh!!

Quite agree. THE TIMES would have been more appropriate!

Level 2

Hi, I already have a subscription to NY times, how do I redeem this Perk?

thanks

Level 5

Hi, I just received the email about the New York Times free trial and I am already subscribed 🙂 Thank you!