AGarner's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

New perk: free access to the New York Times

Local Guides in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and the U.K. can get a new perk: free digital access to The New York Times.

digital-access.gif

We’ve teamed up with The New York Times to offer a new perk. With free access to NYTimes.com, you'll get coverage of world events, culture, food, travel, and more. If you’re a Local Guide in the U.S., Canada, Australia, or the U.K., check your email for details.

Already a Times subscriber? No problem, here’s what to do to.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to make a purchase or enter my credit or debit card information to redeem this perk?

This perk is 100% free. You don’t need to enter credit or debit card information to redeem.

I just signed up for Local Guides. Will I receive this perk?

You will receive this perk if you signed up for Local Guides before September 12, 2017, opted into perk emails, and live in the U.S., Canada, Australia, or the U.K. To see where you are signed up for Local Guides or to update your email preferences, visit your settings. If you should have received this perk and can’t find your email, please check your spam and promotions folders.

I just reached Level 5. Will I receive the Crossword bonus perk?

This Crossword bonus perk is only available to Local Guides in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and the U.K. who reached Level 5 before September 12, 2017.  

When is the deadline to redeem this perk?

December 12, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST.

I missed the deadline to redeem this perk. Can I get an extension or a new sign-up link?

We cannot provide an extension or a new sign-up link.

Can I use the coupon with other promotions or discount offers?

The coupon cannot be combined with any other promotions or discount offers.

Can I redeem this perk for cash?

This perk has no cash value. If you received this perk, you may give your offer code to a friend or family member but you may not sell or exchange the perk for money.

I received an email for this perk, but I’m having trouble redeeming the offer. Who can help?

Please contact help@nytimes.com or call 1-800-591-9233.

I didn't qualify for this perk. When will you offer one for me?

The Local Guides program is constantly evolving. Perks may be offered from time to time. If you have a suggested partner, or a perk you would like to see offered in your area, we welcome your feedback in the comments below. Please also be sure that your email preferences have perks emails enabled by visiting Local Guides home.

415 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: New perk: free access to the New York Times

For Local Guides who already subscribe to The New York Times

04.png

Can I still get this perk if I’m already a New York Times subscriber?

If you received this perk and already subscribe to The New York Times, send us a message from the email address associated with your New York Times account. We’ll respond with details.

You can also give your perk to a friend or family member (though you may not sell or exchange the perk for money). Simply forward your perk email and ask the recipient to follow the redemption steps.

Level 9

Thanks for sharing this perk @AGarner 🙂

Local Guides inside USA , UK CANADA , AUSTRALIA will like it 😉

Level 10

Buenas @AGarner

Muchas gracias por el beneficio, esperemos que se amplíe a más países como España.

Un Saludo Cordial de Miguel Ángel.
Connect Moderator

Wow great news for UK, USA, Canada and Australians Local Guides @AGarner

Hey @DavidTito @ChintanDarji 

check this.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Local guides in USA ,CANADA, UK,and AUSTRALIA you guys are updated daily basis through NEW YORK TIMES for free ,enjoy. 

Thanks for sharing @AGarner

Level 7

Hi @AGarner

I am a LG 6 in the USA with the Perks notification enabled and I did not receive the e-mail with the NYT offer.

It is not in the Promotions or Spam folders either.

Are the e-mail notifications still rolling out?

Thank you

Level 9

@AGarner Owh it's good news. Only one person in my mind and he is @IvanLondon .

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 6

Same situation. I think you may be onto something about the emails still going out.
Nick P
Level 5

I met all the qualifications and have had perks email enabled all along and I did not receive the email either.  Searched my gmail account and checked spam.