TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: local guides reward?

Hi @pf3 I need to correct your answer as it is not correct and unnecessarily negative, it's not a fake and its not the same trial offered to everyone. In most regions the free trial is 30 days, sometimes this is increased to 60 days. The LG perk is for 90 days.

Regards

Paul

Level 4

What a wonderful experience for you. Congratulations  

This has raised my awareness of LG.

Thanks everybody

Connect Moderator

LG is an amazing experience. My guess would be that next year's level would be Level 7 ( as it is about the same as the old Level 5) but that won't take long to achieve. LG is quite an interesting thing to do. I would suggest that only doing it to get perks probably doesn't work out that well - but if you do it because your reviews, edits, etc help other people then the perks are a nice bonus.

Regards

Paul

Level 7

Nicely put Paul. But what if we are doing it for a bit of both? Yes altruistic at heart and happy to help others with this transformative and wonderful new life affirming way of never being lost again with huge help from the information available about places - but also human at heart and needing a bit of incentivization - not a huge amount but something that adds up to more than what feels like a marketing gimmick. By this I mean something that really adheres to Google's initial philosophy of doing good. Luring us into money spinning options really feels just wrong. Giving some extra storage (15GB?) for life on gmail - now that would be great - and initially the marketing said gmail was for life. But it is running out - and my life isn't, yet... 

Connect Moderator

Good points of course @NealH we all need things like that. It's nice to get a little tangible thing to feel wanted.

I remember the 15gb gmail for life promo - I think if you only used it for email and kept your email clean that would probably work out just fine! The challenge is so many other services like g+ and photos and hangouts got rolled into that 15gb. I was lucky enough to get the 1TB when it was available, but if I remember my dates correctly it runs out really soon then I'll either have to pare back my content or buy some storage.

Tangible things that don't run out like T-Shirts and the like are nice. A couple of years ago LG sent out T-Shirts to top contributors and while those in western nations got theirs without issue, many others had to pay customs charges or had to explain why an American company was sending them something. A really nice gesture turned into a huge PITA. Since then Google have sent out little things like badges occasionally and online perks that are harder for entities to interfere in.

It is a difficult balance I guess, the usual things from the corporate world of trying to do the right thing by your contributors balanced with a limited budget.

Regards

Paul

Level 1

Benefits Of Local Guide

what is the benefit of local guide? 

Level 10

Re: Benefits Of Local Guide

Hi @djaditya to know about the benefits of Local guides please visit this help article here:https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6281793

and read here too about being a Local Guide:https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/About-Local-Guides/bd-p/becomelocalguide

Kind Regards, 

Samson 

Level 4

Question about benefits and bonus

Hi i have question about benefits and bonuses after accomplishing specific level. Ive heard that if i had level 4 i get additional space for google drive is it true? 

Level 8

That's good feedback @PaulPavlinovich things like your saying would cross my mind thanks for sharing that

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Good points of course @NealH we all need things like that. It's nice to get a little tangible thing to feel wanted.

I remember the 15gb gmail for life promo - I think if you only used it for email and kept your email clean that would probably work out just fine! The challenge is so many other services like g+ and photos and hangouts got rolled into that 15gb. I was lucky enough to get the 1TB when it was available, but if I remember my dates correctly it runs out really soon then I'll either have to pare back my content or buy some storage.

Tangible things that don't run out like T-Shirts and the like are nice. A couple of years ago LG sent out T-Shirts to top contributors and while those in western nations got theirs without issue, many others had to pay customs charges or had to explain why an American company was sending them something. A really nice gesture turned into a huge PITA. Since then Google have sent out little things like badges occasionally and online perks that are harder for entities to interfere in.

It is a difficult balance I guess, the usual things from the corporate world of trying to do the right thing by your contributors balanced with a limited budget.

Regards

Paul

Level 10

Re: Question about benefits and bonus

Hi @Krzgro no it is false.   That offer has expired a long time ago.