TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Rewards

@griszaowniuk wrote:

It would be nice to get some adwords discount or something special to promote my business on google maps. 

Hi @griszaowniuk you aren't allowed to promote your own business in any way through Maps or otherwise as a Local Guide. You can use Google My Business to do so.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

Re: LG ID Cards

Hi @DileepJangid7 T-Shirts have been tried. Many people go theirs without issue, however quite a lot of people had issues with customs and many had to pay customs duty and in some cases other fees to collect their T-Shirt. 

Supported Community Moderators get a badge set.

I know the Googlers do their best to find perks that will work for as many people as possible across borders.

You're correct that Google don't provide ID badges.

Regards Paul

Level 4

Re: New perk: Google Play for Local Guides Level 4+

Hello, I received the email saying I can redeem Google Play Music for 3 months. It said in the email that I have until November 2017 to redeem. I tried redeem today but it simply takes me to the Local Guide homepage with no instructions.

Level 5

@Dugular

Please, note me, if you get help.

Level 6

@TraciC wrote:

@Thijs While I understand you're frustrated with the response from a fellow Local Guide, they were trying to help out. As for the answer you're looking for: Local Guides who reached Level 4 before August 31 had the perk made available to them within 48 hours. Here's how to redeem it: You may visit your Local Guides home to see if the perk is visible at the top right corner. You will also receive an email letting you know this perk is available to you. Simply click on the offer link(s) and follow the on-screen instructions.

@TraciCthanks for your attempt at a constructive answer, I really appreciate that.  However, I feel you're still misunderstanding the issue that I'm describing, as well as @Manasse, @rhiaaryx and @Dugular in their respective posts, as well as several Google Local Guide users in this discussion: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/play/_wxutqL-VoU .  I understand you're busy, but please take a moment to read our posts.

We're all users that have successfully reached level 4 before the August 31 deadline, and when we did, we saw the buttons/links for the perk successfully appear on our Google Local Guides home page (the one you provide the link to).  However, since August 31, the buttons/links to redeem the perk have disappeared (even though, once again: they were there before, proving to us that we indeed received the perk).  The terms of reference (see your post; see the original terms of reference; also see a copy paste straight of those in the discussion at the link I just provided) however stated that redeeming should remain possible until November 30.  However, the facilities to do so (the link in the top right corner on the Local Guides home page that you refer to) have disappeared since August 31.  I'm not sure how much more clear I can make this description, as I've now typed it up already about 5 times over...  We, the users, aren't being unreasonable here.  We've nicely followed the terms of reference and done everything that is expected from our side.  All we're looking for, is for Google to honour their own terms of reference...

In hope of a solution, thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Thijs

PS: bold is not for shouting, but for emphasis and structure/highlighting in the post. Imagine a reasonable, calm person talking to you with a soothing voice. Thanks for your understanding.

Level 4

I dont get nothing for level 4

Edit still showing level 3 im level 4

Level 6

@TraciC  and others, as a small update: I've myself been able to secure a 4 month free Google Play Music offer, thanks to an active Australian community hunting for these kinds of deals.  It appears the coupon codes for Google Play Music trials up to 4 months are just floating around the web here and there (so it wasn't via the Google Local Guides perk; I'm still not able to access that one).

I'm still disappointed with how some users here, including myself, have to go to quite great lengths to point out the terms of reference of an offer/perk to the very moderators that posted them... only to still not be understood and get a default answer flung back at us.  I sincerely hope you do still resolve this for the users who are waiting to see some decent answers in this thread.  In the mean time, I'm happy with my 4 months; I'll think of them as the 3 months I should've gotten a bit more easily, plus an added month for the added effort I had to do myself.

But really, please take this feedback seriously: building a community is all about valuing your users.  Don't underestimate the importance of that.

Level 5

@TraciC

@rhiaaryx @Blerim @Dugular
And also FYI @Thijs

Ok, so after all this 'perk' we didn't get anything. We are local guides, who would get something for our kindness. We told, that we have that problem (we have read and understood this topic's first post), and the mods can't solve it, nor want to solve it.

I think, the real problem was, that we didn't click to accept the perk until 31th Aug on the homepage, but this wasn't in the conditions.

No problem, now EVERYONE can get 3 month for free (if you are new).

In this link

Which is nice.

Level 4

Hi im not new i use more then 5 year when was map maker. I dont need music or something like that but storage is good.

Anyway this are rules 

Regards

Level 5

@TraciC

@Blerim @Dugular @Thijs @Manasse

I was able to get a promotion code for this using the Google Play support system. It literally took 6 days. They needed me to send them a screenshot of the email that said I got the promotion. But, hey, at least I have 3 months of play music now...