TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: New perk: Google Play for Local Guides Level 4+

Hi @DarkNemos the post about the perk clearly stated the conditions and that you had to redeem it if you wanted it. So you don't miss out on the next one keep your eye out for an announcement from a Googler and follow the instructions. The post when it comes is likely to be featured with a banner for quite some time going on past experience.

Regards Paul

Level 6

Rif.: Google Play Music perk for Local Guides Level 4+: redeem until November 30?

Hi @SAL_B,

I'm sorry, but your reply is not helpful.

I have stated clearly in my post that I am fully aware of this, and that I did reach level 4 several days before the deadline.  I did see the perk successfully appear in my Google Local Guides home upon reaching level 4, but did not redeem it yet, since the official terms of reference as well as the public announcement post that still sits on the forum (see the link I posted) clearly mention(ed) that the perk can be redeemed until November 30.  So today still being well before November 30, I am wondering how I go about redeeming the perk that I qualify for under the terms of reference.

I'm looking forward to receiving an answer from @TraciC or any other moderator or Google representative.

Thanks again in advance,

Cheers,

Thijs

Level 6

Hi @PaulPavlinovich,

Please see my question over here: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Google-Play-Music-perk-for-Local-Guides-Lev...

I note that the original post in this thread, as well as the terms of reference about the perk (when they were still available) state explicitly:

=====

How long do I have to redeem my perk?
Once receiving this perk, you must redeem it by 11:59PM ET on November 30, 2017.

=====

So the question remains: how to redeem the perk when one has successfully reached level 4 well before the end of August?  I did see it appear on my Google Local Guides home upon reaching level 4 several days before the end of August deadline, but am currently looking to redeem the perk that I successfully received under the terms of reference.

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Cheers,

Thijs

Connect Moderator

Hi @Thijs the instructions are in the first message in this thread, rather than me repeat them here please do a little self service and go and read about the perk. All you have to do is press the [1] button when you read this post and read Traci's post.

Regards Paul

Level 4

Whether you do or don't redeem that "perk" makes no difference- it' s the same free trial for Google Play Music that every non subscriber in the world already gets anyway. It's like a restaurant advertising free air to breathe with your meal.

Level 6

Exactly what I thought!

Level 5

So I received an e-mail about the promotion, and also I received an e-mail about the level-up (I was at 3rd level, now I am 5th). At 1st of sept's morning, I was on google music app, and it offers me a 3 month free version, but I declined it, because I was too tired. And now I can get only the 1 moth version. I haven't received any email about the redeem code. What should I do?

Former Google Contributor

@Manasse, the perk has ended at 11:59PM ET on August 31, 2017. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 5

Thank you for your answer!

However: 'How long do I have to redeem my perk?
Once receiving this perk, you must redeem it by 11:59PM ET on November 30, 2017.'

And I've reached the level until 31, just didn't get the redeem code, nor I can registry with it. So again.. can I write to somebody in that case?

@Thijs

I think, we have the same issue. Please note me, if you've found the solution!

Level 6

@PaulPavlinovichsaid

Hi @Thijs the instructions are in the first message in this thread, rather than me repeat them here please do a little self service and go and read about the perk. All you have to do is press the [1] button when you read this post and read Traci's post.

Wow, way to go being quite an unprofessional moderator there.  If you would've bothered with reading my question and post I referred to, you would've found out that I did read the first message several times.  I even quoted straight from it!  Please Paul, do a little self service and read other peoples questions before bluntly suggesting that they haven't done their homework.  I've actually read the terms of reference of this perk several times (what average user even goes to that length, eh?), as well as that first message.  It's good that that message is still nicely up there, because, as I've stated several times (and you too can find out, if you read that first message yourself in its entirety, Paul) it explicitly mentions that the perk can be redeemed until November 30, after receiving it by reaching level 4 before August 31.

See also @Manasse 's post here: another one of your valuable community members in the same situation and with the same question as myself.  It would be nice if you bothered reading our questions, before assuming we would've been too lazy to read the instructions and terms of reference.

@TraciC@JeslynL: same question too you, since you all keep on re-stating that the offer has ended.  I am very well aware of the opportunity to gain the perk is past us, but for those of us who did reach level 4 before August 31: how to we redeem the perk before November 30?

See the first message for the latter statement, as well as my literal copy-paste from it in my previous post and in this other post: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Google-Play-Music-perk-for-Local-Guides-Lev...

I look forward to a constructive answer from any of the moderators, or a Google representative.  Thanks in advance.